Science or superstition, which will kill off the human race?

How are we going to go?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How are we going to go?

• Science
    • Supersition
    • Natural causes

Will we unleash a biological death worthy of a fiction, or split the atom where no atoms should be split?

Shall gods and fear of a no life everlasting condemn us an eternal purgatory?

Or might nature have the last laugh?

If by "kill off the human race" you mean 100% of the human race, then it's got to be nature.

If 99% will do for you, then overpopulation, which is fuelled to a large extent by superstition.

Maybe a bit of both, uncontrollable global warming as a result of overpopulation.

Listen to this weeks Material World on Radio 4 for a few end of the world suggestions:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mobile/iplayer/episode/b018xwt3

Will we unleash a biological death worthy of a fiction, or split the atom where no atoms should be split?

Shall gods and fear of a no life everlasting condemn us an eternal purgatory?

Or might nature have the last laugh?

Both some superstitious nutters will use nuclear weapons to send themselves to some fantasy after life and take the rest of us with them.:)

If some religious madman starts a nuclear holocaust who do we hold responsible. Science for providing the weapons or the religion that drove the madman to his/her actions?

If by "kill off the human race" you mean 100% of the human race, then it's got to be nature.

If 99% will do for you, then overpopulation, which is fuelled to a large extent by superstition.

Maybe a bit of both, uncontrollable global warming as a result of overpopulation.

Listen to this weeks Material World on Radio 4 for a few end of the world suggestions:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mobile/iplayer/episode/b018xwt3

A genetically engineered virus designed to attack a certain genome may be the answer to that problem, maybe there already some rich organisation working on it. Of course it could mutate and take us all out.

Both some superstitious nutters will use nuclear weapons to send themselves to some fantasy after life and take the rest of us with them.:)

If some religious madman starts a nuclear holocaust who do we hold responsible. Science for providing the weapons or the religion that drove the madman to his/her actions?

I'd say that would be superstition.

Caveat: I'm assuming that the religious madman wasn't right all along and he's sat in clover being massaged with myrrh by nubile seraphims while angelic hoards sing three part backing harmonies to Tupac's lead, while I have my bottom jabbed by little demons.

A genetically engineered virus designed to attack a certain genome may be the answer to that problem, maybe there already some rich organisation working on it. Of course it could mutate and take us all out.

Spooks. Project Albany.

Starvation - aided by food riots - may well reduce the (over)population in some areas, but given the amount of people travelling between many countries every day viral infections may do rather more. Swine flu killed a lot of people, but had that strain of flu been as virulent as Spanish flu, the death toll may well have been a lot higher.

I reckon nature since certain high profile members of the human race already have procedures in place to help them and a select few escape the initial aftermath of any biological or nuclear attack. After which,The human race will undoubtedly continue to test and develop these instruments of destruction and discover more and more effective and devastating ways to annihilate themselves and marvel at their own magnificence until nature inevitably does the job properly.

All wrong - the human race will live forever.

All wrong - the human race will live forever.

The only problem with life is- No one gets out alive.

I'd say that would be superstition.

Caveat: I'm assuming that the religious madman wasn't right all along and he's sat in clover being massaged with myrrh by nubile seraphims while angelic hoards sing three part backing harmonies to Tupac's lead, while I have my bottom jabbed by little demons.

Dream on Tony.