Silver Blades Ice rink

Does anyone remember Silver Blades 1p nights. Where you got cards also clipped and when it was full you got free entry. Groups als appeared like Edison Lighthouse, White Plains in the mid 60's. Do you have any friends that you would like to contact from then. I have Harry Stocks,Jackie Murphy, Peter Briggs, Coreen Sunter, Susan Woildgoose, Kevin Hinchcliffe

was harry the one who tied his blades to his boots with laces.

Originally posted by sneaks

was harry the one who tied his blades to his boots with laces.

Can't remember after all these years but he was a good skater

Did anyone go th Silver Blades in the 60's. Remember such regulars such as :

Pete Briggs

Harry Stocks

Susan Wildgoose

Corrine Sunter

Ray Davies

Peter Key

Linda Green

Jackie Murphy

Susan Ibbotson

Roger Woffinden.

Then there was the staff

Mr Wilson & Mr Williamson

Kathy Conroy

Little Bill worked in Cafe (think he is dead now).

Chris Hey (killed in a car crash)

Raif Caldicott

Trevor Willmott

I did'nt realise it was around in the 60s, but i did meet my ex-wife at silver blades in 1977.

yes, my dad graham jones, and myself from about 1970, aged three!

:thumbsup:

used to go around 1973-1976, never could really master it, just about managed to stay upright

Used to go occasionally in the 60's, couldn't stand up without those caliper things.

regards Mick.

I was taught to skate in the early 60s,but I can only recall the name Ray,might be wrong,but I loved it.

Ray Stewart (formerly Radio Hallam) appeared there afew saturday nights with Frankinsteins monsters. You can guess what he was, the mummy walked on the ice and he got dragged around by his heels.

Edison Lightouse

White Plains

Both appeared there also they use to have other up and coming bands on saturday night.

Sometme there were competitions on an inter rink basis. The enents were barrell jumping, ice dance (male and female) speed skating and Ice handball ( because they wouldn't let us start ice hockey up). The competing teams were Bristol, Streatham, Nottingham(you can guess that the rivalry always caused trouble).

Originally posted by desy

Ray Stewart (formerly Radio Hallam) appeared there afew saturday nights with Frankinsteins monsters. You can guess what he was, the mummy walked on the ice and he got dragged around by his heels.

Edison Lightouse

White Plains

Both appeared there also they use to have other up and coming bands on saturday night.

Sometme there were competitions on an inter rink basis. The enents were barrell jumping, ice dance (male and female) speed skating and Ice handball ( because they wouldn't let us start ice hockey up). The competing teams were Bristol, Streatham, Nottingham(you can guess that the rivalry always caused trouble).

I lived across the road from Ray Stewart,he was a smashing bloke & big.

does anyone remember a dutch or german guy at the blades i think he was a coach , he was very good looking, i had a crush on him