Sheffield Ghost Stories & Sightings

Ghosties and ghoulies and things that go bump in the night . . . Spectres or apparitions, phantoms or poltergeists . . Seen any in our beloved city?

If anybody has any spooky stories or encounters with the supernatural - please post them here.

Edited by Lestat

Have you heard of the one on Bunting Nook near Graves Park?

Its on some site somewhere.:thumbsup:

You need to speak to Jon - he is part of the Yorkshire Paranormal society.

Could also try Mysteri mag if you want to fork out for membership to their forum

Moon

I have a paperback called GHOST HUNTING IN SHEFFIELD that lists a fair few. Think its available at Sheffield Scene on Surrey Street for a few quid.

Originally posted by markham

I have a paperback called GHOST HUNTING IN SHEFFIELD that lists a fair few. Think its available at Sheffield Scene on Surrey Street for a few quid.

I also have this book and if you do a search on Jons topics i'm sure one of his threads will be of interest to you.

They reckon the Carbrook Hall pub near the Arena's haunted... meh, only cos people start seeing stuff when they're ****** out of their brains.

Theres the ghost of a gypsy type girl in Fulwood, does not seem based in any property but haunts a passage between 2 roads near the petrol station at nethergreen. Think I talked about this about 6 months back on another thread somewhere. Eye witness account from me as I seen her many times

I got a book of the ghosts of sheffield. It was really intresting so i convinced my bloke to come on a hunt wi me and his mates.We went up 2 buntins nook in norton and walked up the path to that church and my bloke whos 21, 20 odd stone and 6ft 4 who isnt scared of much legged it bk to the car in tears when he said he saw a something in the doorway of the church all in white staring at us. I didnt see anything but in the state my bloke was in i wont be goin up there again.

I live right next door to the mosborough hall hotel, and thats haunted by a woman dressed in white (its always white isnt it), who walks through the wall acoording to one story, runs through it in another, and god knows wot else. the story seems to change everytime, one says she is running getting chased by a guy who raped and murdered her, another says its a girl who died of suffocation hiding in a chest, and another is she fell out of a window and broke her neck... either way its haunted lol

One of the rooms are haunted too, u can spend the night there for a bit more than the other rooms, so we are putting my american auntie in it when she comes over and see if she see anything (americans usually do, typical tourists)

There's obviously the old monk and the Ring a roses children on the Stocksbridge bypass and another little known one...

(sighting verified by my scientific minded i.e. ghost non-believer uncle)... over at Kiveton Park, there's a lane up to a farm. If you take the main road to kiveton park station then cross the tracks at the level crossing, follow the road up and go straight across at the cross roads (this is particularly creepy at dusk!).

Carry along and in one of the dips of the road, near to a stile and gate, a ghostly image should run across in front of you.

thought the be the son of the local farmer who many years ago ran him over at this point in a tragic accident.

How true? Find out. I've been there and over to Stocksbridge bypass many times and not seen a dickybird

Originally posted by goldenfleece

Theres the ghost of a gypsy type girl in Fulwood, does not seem based in any property but haunts a passage between 2 roads near the petrol station at nethergreen. Think I talked about this about 6 months back on another thread somewhere. Eye witness account from me as I seen her many times

Where exactly is this?

the ghost at kiveton is on packman lane i,ve seen it on two occassions and although im a beleiver in such things im also very sceptical at sightings so i stayed for about 15 minutes ruling out all other options eg moonlight ,reflections etc

it is supposed to be a highway man who roamed the area of kiveton ,todwick etc which is why no feet are ever seen as he is supposed to be on horesback and as well as crossing rd he also cicles in feilds at side as if waiting for coach