Sign in to follow this  

Stunt Kites - Jarvis Cocker Richard Hawley Review

Well this was Sheffields musical highlight of the year so far.

The Stunt Kites were playing a 25th anniversary gig, the band were around in the late 70's 80's. They were a bit punky, and I never actually went to see them back then. But I thought I'd pop along to this one, and I'm glad I did.

Support act - The Lovers - Wow, a french trio with a bontempi organ playing tongue in cheek love songs, very funny and very original.

Up next the The Stunt Kites - they played a few of their old songs. Then it was the turn of Richard Hawley to join them on stage to play a couple of Sandford Clarke songs - Fantastic, Richard told a few funny stories from his Firth Park school days.

Next up Jarvis Cocker - playing guitar too!, then it was Saskia's (Jarvis's sister and married to guitarist from Stunt Kites - Nigel Renshaw) turn to sing a couple of songs, and then it was the highlight of the evening, check this out.

Jarvis Cocker singing David Essex's - Rock on, there is only Jarvis that could carry this one off. Superb and a classic moment.

Well the guests left and I'm sorry to say it went a little down hill after that, a few more Stunt Kite songs and cover versions of Billy Porter and Pretty in Pink.

A fantastic night and a sell out memorial hall , a few C list celebs could be spotted in the crowd including the 2 girls from Human League.

Rock on !!!

Piccys

Some photos of the gig, thanks to Feckle from the Richard Hawley site, whom I believe frequents here from time to time.

:thumbsup:

Nice one Mikey!! Could'nt have said it better myself! Jarvis and Hawley stole the show!!

Any of you lot that have'nt checked out the majestic Mr Hawley yet are sadly missing something special from your lives!!

Go and buy his 'Lowedges' CD today!!! :thumbsup: