So, when IS the next meet then?

Anyone know when the next meet is planned for, might be able to make it, my wife wants to tag along too *sighs* sorry, LOL.

Well to be honest we havent planned anything yet

The problem is that the Classic Rock bar is on a short lease now

We love meeting there it is absolutely perfect, but we cant keep it up if Buffy and Sass are obliged to leave.

So it is a bit open but the folks there last week were determined that we should have a Christmas Party, I guess until we know where we cant know when and nowhere will be as wonderfully welcoming as the Classic Rock so it wont be easy....

Sorry not to be more definite but when there ARE plans you will hve heard them here first

Louise

x

I was hoping for one in November as I will be in town from the 4th to the 12th. Never mind, I guess we will swing by there anyway for a drink and to say hello. I've heard so much about it that I have to go and have a drink one night.

What goes on on a regular night? and whats the best night?

I would love the next meet to come round next week!

I think the classic rock was a great venue and I wouldn't want to offend her - but I was just thinking that perhaps we should rotate the venues/times/style of meet a bit. We may not get the quality of free food (thx for that!) though!

Also - there might be some people who are more likely to come if it's not in a pub. So what do you think? Starter suggestion - a sunday afternoon in a cafe - start at 2 maybe with people dropping in and out from then onwards? Alternative suggestions - go for a curry together?

If you wanted to meet again before the end of October.....just to be sure, you can have room 2 again. I'm still waiting to find out where we will be in November.

Originally posted by Dadda

I would love the next meet to come round next week!

...Also - there might be some people who are more likely to come if it's not in a pub. So what do you think? Starter suggestion - a sunday afternoon in a cafe - start at 2 maybe with people dropping in and out from then onwards? Alternative suggestions - go for a curry together?

Curry!!! No thank you. How about grilled cheese with beans?

And what's wrong with a pub? - people don't have to inbibe - and a drink or too helps some people to relax when meeting people for the first time.

How about this ...

We could do the same again, starting the evening at Classic Rock ...

Later on in the evening, we could split up and maybe have 2 or 3 options / splinter groups ...

Curry ?

Club ?

OR ... we could give that Chinese place ('all you can eat') a go ... on corporation st.

Personally I prefer Chinese to Indian.

Originally posted by JamieW

How about this ...

Later on in the evening, we could split up and maybe have 2 or 3 options / splinter groups ...

Curry ?

Club ?

OR ... we could give that Chinese place ('all you can eat') a go ... on corporation st.

Chinese or Indian - As a long-time MCP, I'm not really bothered about Nationality - I like the 'fairer sex' in all shades and sizes.

Seriously though, I think J has a good idea - my choice would be a club (not the sandwhich). At my age, not so much the girls, but the music - and I love dancing.

Originally posted by JamieW

How about this ...

Curry ?

Club ?

Are there any clubs in Sheffield with comfortable seating and muted lighting where you can hear yourself think and be served drinks in your armchair whilst smoking nice cigars? That's the club for me!

Someone sent me this PM, I throw it in for consideration

"Louise, if you want a regular meet up joint why dont you use the DVSA Ringside Bar, it is a private function room for up to 150...It's next to the gym in Attercliffe and we have free parking and no hire fee for the room...

Just an idea if you were stuck"

I dont know where it is though, that place.

I like the idea of going off to do other things afterwards but then it would have to be a weekend which would be crap for DaB but suit a lot of others.

I guess there is no way to suit all of the people all of the time so we need a variety of different things for a variety of different people at a variety of different times of the day and week

We have to do some things not on a Thursday to suit Max

and some things not on a weekend to suit DaB

and some things not on a Monday or Wednesday to suit me

I personally would be interested in having the occasional lunch with any local city centre people, they do some good 2 for 1 deals in Lloyds and you can get up to 8 on some of the upstairs tables...

I am always interested in going for a meal or dancing

But as long as everyone who wants to, gets to go to something sometimes, then that is as good as it will be I suspect.

Social Secretary (assistant)

x

... and ... I wouldn't mind going on to 'Flares' too ...

Maybe we should figure out a day of the week / and then a date first ...

Find out what's most popular day etc .... then take it forward from there ...

I'm ok everyday ... but prefer Friday / Saturday.

Smaller, more frequent meets, sound like a good idea Louise. Better environment for getting to know people and much more likely to happen, but based on the restrictions on which day, so far Tuesdays look like a good bet.

I'm in Sheff all day 3 days a week, keeping my own hours, so would be very happy to meet up with other forumgoers for lunch or post work drinkies (may have child in tow!).

Still trying to think of a good venue for a Christmas Bash...