Wizzair from Donny

Has anybody flown with Wizzair to the East from Donny airport? Eyeing up a few city breaks and hadn't realised Wizzair used Donny, but the time of the flights seem... late?

If you flew to Gdansk (Danzig) for a long weekend in particular I'd like to hear!

The flights are quite late as the airline does not have a base at DSA, the planes go back to Eastern Europe for the end of the day.

They are ok service wise. We use them a lot when travelling to Poland as well. They are an equivalent to Ryanair though really so you get what you pay for. It's fine for a short and cheap flight.

Thanks both - agreed Emma, the timing isn't great. Clearly aimed at Polish expats here rather than tourists. Price wise difficult to beat though.

We flew to Poznan from there I believe the flight was around 1330. Very good for a weekend break.

Thanks both - agreed Emma, the timing isn't great. Clearly aimed at Polish expats here rather than tourists. Price wise difficult to beat though.

Try and make sure you have transport arranged for the far end if you arrive in the early hours.

I don't know about your destination, but some taxi drivers have been known to rather overcharge foreign nationals for early morning arrivals.

We got seriously stung in Vilnius a few years ago, despite pre-arranging a taxi.

Lots of drivers from the relevant firm, all refusing to acknowledge our pre-booking, and charging over the odds by a factor of 10, knowing we had no option at half one in the morning; well known for it apparently according to TripAdvisor.