Wanted: venue for older people's out-to-lunch trip

I'd like to take out to lunch a group of older people, mostly in their 80s and 90s. We need a user-friendly restaurant with easy access, waitress service, plenty of space, a senior menu, somewhere we could book in advance (I'm thinking of late June, early July) and be sure of a room to ourselves. We might be up to 40 people. A good view would be nice! I am thinking most likely of the south or west of Sheffield, not more than 8-10 miles from the city centre.

Any suggestions and experience, please?

Dam House restaurant Crookes Valley Park. Just off the top of my head there....

The Swan in Ridgeway has an excellent home cooked senior menu! I've been there many times with family and the staff always go out of their way to help.

Garrison , white tablecloths sort of place also have seen lots of senior parties held there , also have lunchtime events with yesteryear singers

The Plough at Low Bradfield. They have a separate room and a good value menu.

Hi there

We could accommodate you at Sheffield Transport Sports Club at Meadowhead. We have ample free parking, with dedicated disabled bays available, and easy access facilities. We could arrange a tailor made menu for your guests with either hot or cold options, to fit in with any specific budget you may have to work to. Traditional afternoon tea can also be provided should this be preferable. We are set in 18 acres of grounds, so you would have a pleasant outlook too. If your guests would like a party atmosphere we can also arrange a vocalist who specializes in music for older people to make the event go with a swing!

Please contact us on 0114 2373216 for more information. Please note that this call will divert to a mobile if we are not in the office. During the transfer process you may hear a few seconds blank spot on the line - please don't think you have been disconnected! We look forward to hearing from you.

Hi, I have a cafe called 'Remember when...' at Frecheville S12. Take a look at my web page rememberwhen.online

I could accommodate up to 30 people while maintaining plenty of space for wheelchairs etc. Lots, of parking, fully accessible, great views, outdoor seating (when warm!), dementia friendly, and plenty of photos, books, records etc to entertain your group! Feel free to give me a call on 0796 878 4092 or call in to check us out :)

The Garrison at Hillsborough Barracks. They have Vera Lynn concerts in the afternoon and also musicals with a Doris Day singer this includes a 2 course meal with tea and coffee but it does get booked up pretty early, check it out.