Thornbridge bottles to be 330ml

Not sure which bit of SF to post this in, so if a mod wants to move it then so be it.

My local Thornbridge stockist told me that Thornbridge are going to be ceasing production of beer in 500ml bottles and will only do 330ml bottles in the future.

Apparently it is due to the demands of the export market.

It would be a shame because I sometimes share a 500ml bottle with my OH but you can't share a 330ml bottle and I'm too tight to buy her a 330ml for herself.

Pour yourself 250ml then water down the remaining 80ml and tell her it's a bad batch. She'll get used to it.

No, I haven't tried it myself, but I was lucky. My other half hated 'proper' beer.

If it doesn't work and you get thumped ...... I'm working on a disclaimer.

It would be a shame because I sometimes share a 500ml bottle with my OH but you can't share a 330ml bottle and I'm too tight to buy her a 330ml for herself.

:hihi:

I hope you don't share your Jaipur with her

Already started. Ellon was in a 330, and jaipur is now in tescos in a 330. I read somewhere one of the reasons was a lot of pubs wouldn't stock it as the bigger 500ml bottles didn't fit in their fridges properly

Already started. Ellon was in a 330, and jaipur is now in tescos in a 330. I read somewhere one of the reasons was a lot of pubs wouldn't stock it as the bigger 500ml bottles didn't fit in their fridges properly

I don't mind Eldon being 330ml seeing as it's 9%, and at £3 a bottle it's good bang for buck

I noticed Jaipur in one of these the other day in Tesco. It's not a bad idea as you don't always want a 'pint' (ie 500ml) of the stronger ones if you are counting your units.

But I'm sure it's even more expensive per ml than it was in a 500ml bottle.

I predict the price per litre will go up with the new smaller bottle size.

I have noticed over the last couple of years or so that confectioners have reduced the size of many items and retained the original price, which is basically a price increase.. Could the new bottle size that is being discussed just be a surreptitious way of increasing the price?

I predict the price per litre will go up with the new smaller bottle size.

I predict that your prediction will be pretty much bang on.

I predict that your prediction will be pretty much bang on.

I predict that your prediction about my prediction will be 100% correct.

Not sure which bit of SF to post this in, so if a mod wants to move it then so be it.

My local Thornbridge stockist told me that Thornbridge are going to be ceasing production of beer in 500ml bottles and will only do 330ml bottles in the future.

Apparently it is due to the demands of the export market.

More money for less great deal that. :mad: