Best "Butty" shops around Sheffield?

Due to my job taking me all over the city on a daily basis and due to me generally having a grab food as and when on the move, I have been lucky enough to frequent a good few of Sheffield's sandwich shops and deli bars.

Today however I been back to the shop that I consider the best in the city to date however due to location it is one that unfortunately I don't tend to get to that often unless I find myself within a decent commutable radius.

Therefore I am just hoping to grab a bit of opinion and find few fresh ideas really. Which sandwich shop do you use? What do you like about the place? Anything off the menu in particular that you would recommend?

Below you will see my top three. My views are completely neutral and I speak merely as a customer with no affiliation to any of the establishments what so ever. I would hope that others who partake in this thread use it in the same respects and not as an opportunity to plug your own place.

1. Village Store (Stannington) - The best sandwich in Sheffield so far for me which makes me annoyed that the place is located so far out on the borders of the City. I enjoy the banter with the staff at the place, they are really friendly and make you feel welcome. I always go for a ham salad and always eat every last crumb. Gorgeous "proper" joint ham and a proper salad with onions, beetroot, carrot and everything else. The most generous sandwich filling wise that I have found anywhere in the city.....Almost like a proper "nan style" homemade sandwich.

2. T&G's (Lower City Road) - My choice in central Sheffield for a breakfast sandwich. Again the staff are really welcoming and friendly and you can have a quick chat and a bit of banter. I don't know about anybody else on here but there is nothing more frustrating for me than a so called sandwich shop that can't cook an egg and thankfully this place do it perfectly. If you want it runny then you get it runny and cooked and vice versa. My choice would be the B.E.S.T with it's generous portions, you get decent bacon and saugsage and they are cooked spot on. Lovely breakfast butties.

3. Split between two at the minute....haha.

Tilly's on Matilda St, especially the roast pork/beef sarnies (if you manage to get there in the short time between the joint coming out of the oven and it being sold out!)

---------- Post added 07-04-2016 at 16:27 ----------

also partial to breakfast butties from Hell's Kitchen, and Supasnax on Edmund Road

Honey pot in hillsborough, everything is spot on.

Sandwich shack on ridgeway rd. great pork sarnie and breakfast butty.

Big baps on attercliffe rd do a fantastic beef n onion and also a great meat salad sarnie.

Lastly bloomers in deepcar on the industrial estate.

---------- Post added 07-04-2016 at 16:46 ----------

Where exactly is this village store in stannington?

I'll make a point to get there tomorrow

'Think Sandwich' on Abbey Lane (opposite Lloyds pharmacist) does great buttys. Also got the option of a fish cake butty from Poseidon chippy across the road if you're in the area.

Marmaduke's in town. More interesting sandwiches than the norm, and good service.

Agreed village store stannington village great, also try Temptation, opposite Hillsborough park, near library entrance, hot buttys recommended, coffee to die for, and cold sandwiches lovely,

Best has got to be Lilys on Penistone Road.

Quality fillings and of course the best breadcakes in Sheffield.

Ooo don't forget Crawshaws near Hillsborough Barracks. Fab sandwiches..but get there quick because once they're gone they're gone.

Woodys at Hunters bar roundabout is Deffo the best sarnie shop in Sheffield.

If you can go there and eat a 'big Boy' and not love it there's something wrong with you lol

I like Barkers at Greenhill or Lowedges both do great sandwiches. I also like what used to be Sean's or now the Banner Crust on Banner cross great hot sandwiches

Try Brookes on Hillsborough, it's at the side of the butchers next to the old Co op.

I never realised this shop was here until last year although it has been open a few years.

The smell of the pizzas and jacket potatoes cooking makes you very hungry when you go in the shop, they also do various cold sandwiches too.

While going in this shop I've found some uncut bread that suits my pallet too with lots of choice of various loaves which I now prefer to Lily's bread.

Honey pot in hillsborough, everything is spot on.

Sandwich shack on ridgeway rd. great pork sarnie and breakfast butty.

Big baps on attercliffe rd do a fantastic beef n onion and also a great meat salad sarnie.

Lastly bloomers in deepcar on the industrial estate.

---------- Post added 07-04-2016 at 16:46 ----------

Where exactly is this village store in stannington?

I'll make a point to get there tomorrow

Pond Road - https://goo.gl/maps/SSFcC5PCxNJ2