Three Valleys beer festival 2015 & 2016

Some early information to get it in diaries....

This year the Three Valleys Festival will take place on Saturday 6th June across 18 venues, making it the biggest one yet!

A free bus service will run every half hour from Dronfield station from midday until about 11pm, linking all the venues via three routes. There will also be a bus stop near Dore & Totley railway station.

The venues will have an extended range of real ales, also look out for craft keg beers, traditional cider, live music, food and more. All will offer free admission.

The participating venues this year are:

Barlow Brewery, Barlow

Castle Inn, Bradway

Coach & Horses, Dronfield

Dronfield Arms, Dronfield

Green Dragon, Dronfield

Hyde Park Inn, Dronfield Hill Top

Jolly Farmer, Dronfield Woodhouse

Manor House Hotel, Dronfield

Miners Arms, Dronfield Woodhouse

Miners Arms, Hundall

Royal Oak, Coal Aston

Shepley Spitfire, Totley Rise

Talbot Arms, Dronfield Woodhouse

Three Tuns, Dronfield Hallowes

Tickled Trout, Barlow

Travellers Rest, Apperknowle

Victoria, Dronfield

White Swan, Dronfield

Details - http://www.threevalleysfestival.org.uk

Looks better than ever. Just hope the weather is this year!

On a related note - Andy, do you know if the Magna festival is going ahead this year? I know it's not technically your area but you are the font of all knowledge! All I can find from Rotherham CAMRA is information saying that the rescheduled New York festival is going ahead this weekend. Have they had issues this year or something?

Looks better than ever. Just hope the weather is this year!

On a related note - Andy, do you know if the Magna festival is going ahead this year? I know it's not technically your area but you are the font of all knowledge! All I can find from Rotherham CAMRA is information saying that the rescheduled New York festival is going ahead this weekend. Have they had issues this year or something?

3 Valleys 2015 is already looking good and many of the venues are developing some excellent plans! Buses are already planned and booked (provisional timetable now online).

Last time I spoke to the head organiser of the Magna festival he expected the festival to go ahead but later in the year than normal. From what I gather the problem is last year Magna Trust rather than the festvial organisers was responsible for all the finance and accounts and there have been issues there that have had knock on effects. As you say, Rotherham's other real ale festival, the CAMRA one, is this weekend at the football ground.

3 Valleys 2015 is already looking good and many of the venues are developing some excellent plans! Buses are already planned and booked (provisional timetable now online).

Last time I spoke to the head organiser of the Magna festival he expected the festival to go ahead but later in the year than normal. From what I gather the problem is last year Magna Trust rather than the festvial organisers was responsible for all the finance and accounts and there have been issues there that have had knock on effects. As you say, Rotherham's other real ale festival, the CAMRA one, is this weekend at the football ground.

Cheers mate. I will keep my eye open for information. Along with Three Valleys it's usually one of my favourite festivals of the year so it would be a shame if it didn't happen.

Magna should happen, just later in the year than normal.

Anyway, Three Valleys news - three of the venues have now confirmed their basic plans:

Barlow Brewery

- Beer tent showcasing a selection of Barlow Brewery beers

- Live music on the farmyard stage

- Hot food supplied by Moss Valley Fine Meats

- Camping available

Dronfield Arms

- Outside bar on the decking featuring beers sourced by RAW Brewery (theirs plus guests)

- Outdoor stage featuring live music

- Nether Edge Pizza stall

Manor House Hotel

- themed beer tent provided by Abbeydale Brewery

- accommodation available

- Hotel bar & restaurant will operate as normal with Tapas meals available

Details for the Talbot Arms:

- Beer from Brampton Brewery

- Traditional cider

- live music

- soul food

- discount on real ales for CAMRA members

Other bits of news

- Coach & Horses to have village fete theme

- Green Dragon to have a curry stall

- Shepley Spitfire to have an outside bar with around 15 guest ales

- Miners Arms at Hundall to offer camping

Looking more and more exciting and should be a fantastic day out.... get it in the diary - Saturday 6th June!

Is there a map?

Anyone unfamiliar with the area needs one.

I am working on producing a local good pub guide, and trying to find a decent copyright-free basic road map of the area, but struggling.... grateful for any ideas here.

Is there a map?

There is a bus route map on the website. That's all you need really. Apart from in Dronfield itself where you can wander between the bars yourself, most are quite spread out. The buses do the work for you :c)

Edited by DnAuK

Is there a map?

You can search for individual pubs at http://www.whatpub.com and it shows you on a map. Also useful is the Derbyshire County Council public transport website map of Dronfield town http://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/transport_roads/public_transport/maps/town_centres/default.asp

However the easiest way of doing the festival is jump on a train to Dronfield station where the free festival bus picks you up and takes you between venues every half hour.

This sounds amazing! I have not been before so I am really excited to attend this year! :)