New Cinema on The Moor - Light

As others have said - to serve the needs of people who live in or near the city, the many people who dont necessarilly drive, those people who work in the city, are visiting the city centre or the many many students who live very close to the centre who may not wish to travel out to Attercliffe or Meadowhall.

I know a lot of students go to Odeon. If that place is a dump as someone said earlier, then I supposed it could shut that place down.

It should be a cheap cinema that shows older films.

A cheap cinema that shows old films. Do you mean TV?

A building that costs millions of pounds to build to charge £2 to show films that everyone has seen. Sounds like a council community project.

Edited by Clown Shoes

A building that costs millions of pounds to build to charge £2 to show films that everyone has seen. Sounds like a council community project.

Mind you, if this cinema IS a good idea, then how come the council have approved it? :razz:

They have loads of them in America. People don't go to the cinema just to watch films anymore. You can download them off the internet for free. It's more about the experience and seeing them on a giant screen.

im aware of secret cinema or sponsored film projects like Stella Artois did a few years ago. But they are pop-up cinemas.

Not million pound complexes with 8 screens.

Sheffield needs real investment projects. Not london art concept ideas

They have loads of them in America. People don't go to the cinema just to watch films anymore. You can download them off the internet for free. It's more about the experience and seeing them on a giant screen.

When I went to America, I saw these that you suggest, and they are in complexes, much like Centertainment and Meadowhall.

America doesn't really have high streets like we do though. Well they do but they aren't popular. There's more of a universal car culture over there.

America doesn't really have high streets like we do though. Well they do but they aren't popular. There's more of a universal car culture over there.

Wouldn't you say that over the last decade or two that we are swaying that way?

They have drive through everythings.

A drive through ATM. How lazy is that!

Drive through weddings in Vegas.

They have drive through everythings.

A drive through ATM. How lazy is that!

Drive through weddings in Vegas.

I saw a drive thru ATM in Bridgeton Maine. It seemed oddly out of place there, because the town was beaut and seemed old-fashioned USA.

I watched Star Wars (2004) new one there in a drive in thing. I got there about 4 hours before it started thinking it was going to be packed. When it started there was us, and one other car. Still, I enjoyed it just for the experience. Going for a p!$$ wasn't pleasant though. Open type toilets and it was mosquitoarama.

I'd use it, I hate centertainment, you can never get parked. The one on the Moor will be more accessible for people living south of the city.

Easy to see why. Although parking fees in the centre are a necessity (IMHO) Centertainment and Meadowhall offer free parking and plentyful parking.

Your average cinema screen seats around 250 people, if the new one has say 5 screens then, assuming the cinema sells out and each person brings their own car then they'd need 1250 parking spaces.

I know that the above scenario is highly improbable but not impossible and the point being there's no where for a car park of that capacity in the city centre.

Made up number plus ridiculous assumption equals nonsense answer.