Cuts in benefits - lots of people will be in big trouble

Only heartless Daily Mail reading scum who hate people who claim a solitary penny of their "precious" taxes... :rant::loopy:

Are you calling tax payers scum ?

Are you calling tax payers scum ?

I dont think he is, i think its more a daily mail thing with him.

On a personal note, having found a new job recently i do have to agree with Rich on one thing.

My tax's are precious.

I suspect many of the people who are against benefits posting on threads like this, are in fact also in receipt of 'benefits' without realising it includes them in the figures.

Stop trying to fudge the issue, it really is quite simple, the jig is up for all those able bodied low-life work-shy chavs who have never worked and had no intentions of working.

I just had an idea, as a country we are struggling to pay our welfare bill, if we cut it in half people will suffer, but if we cut it in half and move the people to somewhere cheaper to live like Moldova, Albania or the Ukraine, they will still have a reasonable standard of living. The country they move to will benefit from the extra spending these people bring and we will benefit because there will be fewer people using the services and housing will be more affordable and available. :)

A Londoner's viewpoint?

"...as a country we are struggling to pay our welfare bill, if we cut it in half cap benefits at £26,000 per family people will suffer, but if we cap benefits and move the people to somewhere cheaper to live like Moldova, Albania or the Ukraine Sheffield, they will still have a reasonable standard of living. Sheffield will benefit from the extra spending these people bring and we will benefit because there will be fewer people using the services in London and housing in London will be more affordable and available."

Only heartless Daily Mail reading scum who hate people who claim a solitary penny of their "precious" taxes... :rant::loopy:

A Banker, a chap on benefits, a Tory MP & a Daily Mail reader

...are sat around a table. In front of them is a plate, upon which there are ten biscuits.

The Banker scoffs nine of the biscuits.

The Tory then turns to the Daily Mail reader and whispers in his ear:

"Watch out, that chap on benefits is after your biscuit".

A Londoner's viewpoint?

"...as a country we are struggling to pay our welfare bill, if we cut it in half cap benefits at £26,000 per family people will suffer, but if we cap benefits and move the people to somewhere cheaper to live like Moldova, Albania or the Ukraine Sheffield, they will still have a reasonable standard of living. Sheffield will benefit from the extra spending these people bring and we will benefit because there will be fewer people using the services in London and housing in London will be more affordable and available."

:D

The ones that move from London will need somewhere to live, so the ones from Sheffield will still have to go and live in Moldova, Albania or the Ukraine to make room for them.

now l have read all these posts about this subject, l can add born in the 50's l had to decide what l wanted in life and stuck to the choice of two children which l could afford l wanted more but coming from a large family knew what it was like to go without in life. so to my mind this country's tax payer should not have to keep other people's children if you want a large family dont expect others to have to pay to feed them.

What about increasing the pressure on absentee parents to find a job? My daughters 'father' decided to quit his job as soon as the CSA caught up with him, and now pays just £5 a week for her. With a job he would have to pay more and then my benefits (for her) could decrease. As soon as my daughter starts full-time school I will be going back to work, so I don't see why he's allowed to basically sit back while the tax payer pays for his offspring, and I raise our daughter alone. Maybe thats the way forward?