Council tree felling...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-43492887

Gove sticking oar in again. Whatever side of argument you're on his intervention is hardly helpful.

I'd love to know what powers he thinks he's going to use to stop this.

Also when asked if he would pay any penalties incurred by SCC to Amey he didn’t say yes.

Also isn’t this the slimey so and so who stitched Boris the buffoon up?

I would trust him about as far as I could throw him

Yeah because blowing a toy plastic trumpet is a criminal offence..

SY keystone cops disgust me . Nothing but thugs in uniform. I wonder if it makes them feel big and hard man handling defenceless women blowing a toy trumpet. ?

SY keystone cops disgust me . Nothing but thugs in uniform. I wonder if it makes them feel big and hard man handling defenceless women blowing a toy trumpet. ?

Change the needle penny. You are starting to bore folk!

Change the needle penny. You are starting to bore folk!

Starting? I'd say he is much further on than that :hihi:

Also when asked if he would pay any penalties incurred by SCC to Amey he didn’t say yes.

According to the council there is no target for cutting down trees and they have the final say, so surely that means there is no penalty to pay..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-43492887

Gove sticking oar in again. Whatever side of argument you're on his intervention is hardly helpful.

I'd love to know what powers he thinks he's going to use to stop this.

what does Slimey Gove have to gain from this humble act of self-publicity ?

Didn’t Slimey turn up at the tree protests recently ?

If I’d known he’d graced us simple Northen folk with his presence, I would’ve have gone and protested against him

Do you think the Tories are finally gonna start contesting council seats in Sheffield again?

Hallam and . . . Nether Edge too ?

That’s ambitious of them.

He is an odious twunt and no mistake.

He is an odious twunt and no mistake.

One that a large number STAG supporters appear to be all too happy to be in bed with.

Edited by Longcol

According to the council there is no target for cutting down trees and they have the final say, so surely that means there is no penalty to pay..

I am not sure but the question was put to him:

” if SCC were to incur any loss due to cancelling the contract would the govt Pay those costs”

Gove just made a non commital answer.

It’s going to be a nice bill for Sheffield folk if there is.

It’s going to be a nice bill for Sheffield folk if there is.

Is the road contract and tree contract separate? If I'd hired someone to work on my house and they'd run over time as much as Amey and done job to such a poor standard as Amey, I'd be calling Rogue Traders or Cowboy Builders. If there's anything to pay to Amey for doing such a bad job of highways, whoever drafted the contract needs banning from ever working in the public sector again.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

The homeowners at the Norton Lees protest were out, so the two 'sweet little old ladies' took it on themselves to sit on the steps on the homeowners property.

The front page of the Sheffield Telegraph had a picture of a protester in a full face mask, don't you feel this is rather threatening? They have also been photographed filming the workmen doing their job...that's a no no.

Yeah it's a massive no no but doesn't stop people I'm all up for protests but do it outside town hall and don't abuse people like me who just doing their job in taking the trees down for the council so your protesting in wrong place!!

People got no lives !! Police should arrest the protesters!!

What else should the police arrest the protestors for?

They are already arresting them for breaching section 303 of the highways act, and 4a of the public order act.

---------- Post added 24-03-2018 at 18:45 ----------

One that a large number STAG supporters appear to be all too happy to be in bed with.

I doubt that very much from my own experience.

What they might rightfully be pleased about is that the Secretary of State for the Environment, odious twuntness aside, has noticed what is happening in Sheffield.

That in and of itself, brings a LOT more attention onto the subject.

Hence STAG welcoming his intervention. With ongoing coverage in the national press and on the BBC, including an 11 minute report that features an interview with Gove and the sight of Julie Dore driving off without answering any questions, the council are stuffed, basically.

The fact that Gove's using it to bash a Labour council and not actually doing anything visible to stop the felling is far from unexpected by STAG, or anyone else who knows the backstabbing little weasel.

Corbyn and 3 Sheffield MPs have come out against the felling, partly no doubt to try and do something about the council before Gove really starts putting the boot in.