Ecclesfield folk club above the greyhound pub

Quite unique was that at the time, four pubs all within 100 yards of each other.

Sadly only The Stocks and Black Bull left now.

Dominic Wragg and "Stagger" Lee both lived on Rokeby Drive, where I lived. Dom had 2 sisters, Philomena and Stellamaris, he also had a younger brother whose name escapes me. There was a pub on the other side of the Greyhound further up toward Sycamore Road. We used to buy iced dandelion and burdock lollies from that pub. Again, it's name escapes me. Directly opposite The Greyhound was a small but busy fruit and veg shop. Does anyone remember the old bicycle shop on the right hand corner of Sycamore Road. Was it Camms? (on the opposite corner from Cramptons).

I beleave it was Conway cuts,I think the pub was the sportsman ? Tried to buy a glass of beer when I was 16 at out sales got turned away.

Yes, it was Conway Cutts! And yea, it was the Sortsman with the offy round the back. Do you remember a little further up High Street, on the right opposite Rawlins infant school, was an old stable/ garage set back off the road, with a car steering wheel mounted above the door. The little things we remember:roll::roll:

Mapman it was Garth Nicholson ,hits parents had the chemist shop on the corner of high st.and yew lane.

---------- Post added 30-03-2018 at 17:18 ----------

Mapman it was. Garth nicolosons his parents had the chemist shop on the corner of yew lane and high St.

Yes, I remember Nicholsons chemist at the bottom of Yew Lane, and also between the Police station an the opposite corner to the chemist, was an old farm building, where the flats are now.