Sheffield Labour councillors

Last year I had an issue with an absentee landlord of an ajoining property, I emailed all three of the councillors in my ward, I got a reply from

Anne Murphy within a day. She got an housing officer to contact me, which I thought was brilliant. I didn't even get an adknowledgement from the

other two.

How many responses did you want. If you e-mailed all in one e-mail I presume the responde let the others know they were responding.

I have found we at greenhill always get fantastic immediate response,to all our enquiries by our 3 lib/dem councillors,we have had labour,but after 12 months they always lose by a big margin,our estate was awfull until the lib dems took over years ago

so we cannot complain as a tara in our area,we have gone from above average crime to average ,that's says it all.

If anyone has ever watched the TV programmes Yes Minister and its sequel you will probably have come to a conclusion similar to my own. MPs and councillors are elected so if enough people contact them on an issue they react because they want to be re-elected. As a consequence they take steps to ensure that they know if the number of people interested in an issue is sufficiently large enough to merit vote chasin..opps I meant action.

If you contact council employes (read Civil Servants in the tv programmes) you will I think find that they non-elected people that actually appear run the council and seem to ensure their councillors or MPs are (behaving) focused on 'important' council projects and not those of the electorate.

Which may possibly explain why some things that you think need doing have not a hope in hell of being done whilst things you had never even considered needing to be done get done immediately and for no known purpose other than is some cases it seems to annoy somebody.

Of course I may have misunderstood the whole thing and tomorrow I may well step out of the shower and will be all have been someone else's dream.

I have found we at greenhill always get fantastic immediate response,to all our enquiries by our 3 lib/dem councillors,we have had labour,but after 12 months they always lose by a big margin,our estate was awfull until the lib dems took over years ago

so we cannot complain as a tara in our area,we have gone from above average crime to average ,that's says it all.

Lib dem councillors were fairly positive when housing was run by Sheffield Homes. I understand that engagement with TARAs (Tenant & resident associations) and communities generally is far less since housing management returned to 'the council' than it was a few years ago. Its good for communities when residents and councillors can work together.

we speaking for our area of lowedges,greenhill and bradway ect,our lib/dem councillors have always worked hard,even after Sheffield homes was removed,in fact we possibly see more of them now than ever ,they are great and even helped our tara sort out the mess left by the labour lot,good job they got voted out as they never kept a promise.

After emailing all three Labour councillors - Mike Drabble, Dianne Hurst and Peter Rippon

On 4th March I still have not received an acknowledgement let alone a reply.

I would like to know if this is their normal response to their constituents?

Such a disgrace.

Why would you think talking to any of them would do any good or get you the result you looking for, you may as well talk to a budgie.. the best of luck

Edited by Pussycat12
edited words

I have 3 Labour councillors in my ward. If I need anything doing I only ever bother contacting one - Mark Jones. The other two are hopeless - if someone disagrees with Jackie Drayton in public she just shouts at them.