Why you should not talk to the police, does this apply in the UK?

https://youtu.be/ZH_nP8pX4Fg

This is US based law professor discusses why you should never talk the police, then a cop shares his opinion on the topic!!

Question is, does this advice apply in the U.K?

A very interesting video, I would assume the same could be said over here.

Without even watching a video I would advize anyone to not talk to the police. They have for some time stopped being independant and conducting fair investigations and instead now seem to just go for the accused to secure a conviction on the cheap, and that includes using anthing you may say in a misleading manor or out of conext.

I would love to share some of my own experiences on here but I won't.

Just tell us as though you were discussing a third party...:hihi:

Without even watching a video I would advize anyone to not talk to the police. They have for some time stopped being independant and conducting fair investigations and instead now seem to just go for the accused to secure a conviction on the cheap, and that includes using anthing you may say in a misleading manor or out of conext.

The last sentence says it all really!

Did you not listen to the words of the caution then ?

You do not have to say anything......... both in the outside world and in the cop shop ? If you want to talk on you go ....

I will never trust my son in law ever again, after reading that.:o

The last sentence says it all really!

By that I hope you mean I speak from experience, about the Police corrupt practices, and are not insinuating I should be taken to be a criminal and treat with some sort of contempt ?

---------- Post added 25-03-2018 at 23:04 ----------

I will never trust my son in law ever again, after reading that.:o

No, you should. For everything I put above there are still some good individuals who refuse to play part in mal practice and take their oath seriously. If he is trustworthy and honnest then he will tell you about some things they get up to or his own experiences.

---------- Post added 25-03-2018 at 23:06 ----------

Did you not listen to the words of the caution then ?

You do not have to say anything......... both in the outside world and in the cop shop ? If you want to talk on you go ....

Most certainly. I did not say it was my own words used against me, although I don't doubt for a milli second that they would have been.

---------- Post added 25-03-2018 at 23:08 ----------

Just tell us as though you were discussing a third party...:hihi:

It will be in my book, I'll link you to it when its on sale :hihi:

[B]Re

By that I hope you mean I speak from experience, about the Police corrupt practices, and are not insinuating I should be taken to be a criminal and treat with some sort of contempt ?[/b]

---------- Post added 25-03-2018 at 23:04 ----------

No, you should. For everything I put above there are still some good individuals who refuse to play part in mal practice and take their oath seriously. If he is trustworthy and honnest then he will tell you about some things they get up to or his own experiences.

---------- Post added 25-03-2018 at 23:06 ----------

Most certainly. I did not say it was my own words used against me, although I don't doubt for a milli second that they would have been.

---------- Post added 25-03-2018 at 23:08 ----------

It will be in my book, I'll link you to it when its on sale :hihi:

I would think if you have that many interactions with the police you may have an axe to grind

In a post where you specifically use the expression - using anything you say - you now say "i did not say it was my own words" adding 'I don't doubt for .... that they would' -

Not making any sense at all. You did say something, that was used against you - because it can, or you didn't and they made it up. Not heard that one before .. much.

But the CPS ultimately decide if a case is brought before the courts. Does any of the blame lie with them also. Are you saying that the police give misleading evidence to the CPS? I'm not having a go by any means, I just wanted to clarify if that's what you meant.

But the CPS ultimately decide if a case is brought before the courts. Does any of the blame lie with them also. Are you saying that the police give misleading evidence to the CPS? I'm not having a go by any means, I just wanted to clarify if that's what you meant.

Police have been known to play Judge and Jury (filter what evidence they pass on to the CPS); there was a case recently, I think in Scotland (or up north somewhere), a chap was being falsely accused of rape.