Are people sending texts ignorant..or is it me?

It's quite simple. If you butt into someone's conversation then you are being rude. Just because that conversation is being carried out via text message is irrelevant.

On the flip side if you're in the midst of a spoken conversation and one party pops out their phone to start reading/sending texts without an apology or anything then they are being rude.

I don't answer a text if someone has called round I look later when they have gone. I remember a few years ago went to a friends one afternoon there were about 8 of us and one of my mates gf at the time just sat there all afternoon on her phone. I remember after they had gone somebody said how rude was that, I cant remember her saying much all the time she was there was more interested with her phone.

Edited by iansheff

Be grateful that she has come visiting in the first place and if you cant have a conversation with her how about texting her while sat with you .

Your daughter is wrong, derfblade.

Disown her, and cut her out of the will!

It's them who are being ignorant. Things have got so bad now that I heard a Channel 4 commentator last week say, people have been getting texes, so he couldn't even pronounce texts.

I’ll go one better. This happens all the time. When we’re out for a coffee my wife always grabs the chair at the table with her back to the wall facing outwards into the café so she can see what’s happening. She then proceeds to text endlessly which leaves me looking at a blank wall and a blank human being head down texting. If I bought a newspaper and just read it silently I’d be described as rude and ignorant. :rolleyes:

If you want to get your kids attention, mention MONEY...Works a treat.

My son was at it on his mobile phone the other day when i commented..."If there's a screen in front on you i lose you".!

He replied..."Eh?"

I turned away and went to wash the pot's and i murmered (Quietly) that i was going to give him £50 for his Birthday...!

The "Eh" turned into something a little better.!

---------- Post added 24-03-2018 at 18:32 ----------

I’ll go one better. This happens all the time. When we’re out for a coffee my wife always grabs the chair at the table with her back to the wall facing outwards into the café so she can see what’s happening. She then proceeds to text endlessly which leaves me looking at a blank wall and a blank human being head down texting. If I bought a newspaper and just read it silently I’d be described as rude and ignorant. :rolleyes:

Well why don't YOU surprise her one day and nab her seat..Make HER pay for the coffee's and YOU sit there Looking down on your phone..?

That's what i would do.;) Teach the ignorant and ungrateful cow a lesson.!

Edited by FinBak

my grand daughter and her family came for Sunday lunch ,Iwas about to serve it and saw that all five of them were on their phones,Istood there a couple of minutes with food in my hands and was totally ignored,so Ijust put the food back,turned off the oven and went out to the pub for lunch.Igot a text from one of them asking where I was!,I said I'd decided to go out for the day and if they ever got invited again,highly unlikely,they had better leave their phones at home they couldn't believe it,thought Iwas going senile.

Sounds pretty rude.

Walking out of the house and abandoning your guests just because they were using a device.

my grand daughter and her family came for Sunday lunch ,Iwas about to serve it and saw that all five of them were on their phones,Istood there a couple of minutes with food in my hands and was totally ignored,so Ijust put the food back,turned off the oven and went out to the pub for lunch.Igot a text from one of them asking where I was!,I said I'd decided to go out for the day and if they ever got invited again,highly unlikely,they had better leave their phones at home they couldn't believe it,thought Iwas going senile.

...And they get to chose your care home...