Hendrix back in charts

Jimi Hendrix back in the charts 48 years after his death, but the record sounds terrible must have been bought blind. After listening to modern blues players who are in the main copying Jimi's style. The master sounds flat and boring, the owners of his music are scraping the barrel with this one, try it on amazon before parting with your hard earned.

Edited by choogling

"People, Hell and Angels" was bad as well in my opinion.

I think Eddie Kramer should shoulder much of the blame, particularly after praising both albums to the hilt.

The tracks are basically outtakes, which would've never seen the light of day when JH was alive.

"People, Hell and Angels" was bad as well in my opinion.

I think Eddie Kramer should shoulder much of the blame, particularly after praising both albums to the hilt.

The tracks are basically outtakes, which would've never seen the light of day when JH was alive.

They have been releasing rubbish like this for years and yet people keep buying it, cant understand why, when the early albums are still available.

i suppose people just want more than whats already out there, and the estates are happy to get outakes out there as full songs and make money.

2 pacs released more records dead than when he was alive

i suppose people just want more than whats already out there, and the estates are happy to get outakes out there as full songs and make money.

2 pacs released more records dead than when he was alive

It is demeaning to an artist's memory to issue outtakes for sale unless they are part of a box package or something. Total avarice and a complete lack of respect for whichever artist is being discredited by the issuance of rubbish. Make no mistake, outtakes are what they are, which is an inferior product, discarded by the artist as not up to his standards.

It is demeaning to an artist's memory to issue outtakes for sale unless they are part of a box package or something. Total avarice and a complete lack of respect for whichever artist is being discredited by the issuance of rubbish. Make no mistake, outtakes are what they are, which is an inferior product, discarded by the artist as not up to his standards.

wait for the steady stream of Prince stuff, apparently theres a whole room full of recorded stuff (some finished, some not)

wait for the steady stream of Prince stuff, apparently theres a whole room full of recorded stuff (some finished, some not)

Unfinished music can work as long as the vocals are good. Other instruments can be added to embellish the recording. About 5 Buddy Holly songs, where he sang and strummed his acoustic guitar were embellished in good taste, in fact one of them is one of his best songs imo ,True Love Ways.

Edited by Ontarian1981