The future of De Hood Boxing Centre

They dont own the land they use for this club, so have no say if the owner sells it to a developer. The land is probably worth a lot of money.

---------- Post added 15-03-2018 at 20:20 ----------

But it dosnt provide the jobs and investment into the area like Costa and Iceland would.

Which would you rather have

C&P

Since the project started over 6 years ago South Yorkshire Police have reported that crime has dropped by up to 60% and South Yorkshire Fire Service have reported that Arson/Fires have halved.

https://www.change.org/p/secure-a-long-term-lease-from-sheffield-city-council-for-de-hood-s-future?utm_medium=email&utm_source=petition_signer_receipt&utm_campaign=triggered&share_context=signature_receipt&recruiter=863378226

[/b]

my bold

ime afraid not so, it started very small and nobody, and i mean nobody could have envisaged how this place has took off.

In which case it's time to find somewhere else and pay the market rate. The old fire station seems a good suggestion.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/ex-bad-boy-helping-the-sheffield-manor-fight-back-1-8058844

Reagan says: “Crime dropped by 37 per cent within just a few weeks of us starting this project and fires in the area reduced by half. We’ve been visited by the fire service, police and local MPs who are all amazed by what we’re achieving here. We have Russian kids, Somali, Bangladeshi, Slovakian and Pakistani kids at the club - talk about integration, we’re leading the way.

---------- Post added 16-03-2018 at 18:37 ----------

http://www.sheffieldnewsroom.co.uk/new-recovery-drop-in-gives-addicts-fighting-chance/

The new Sheffield Recovery Community drop-in at De Hood opened its doors earlier this month, supporting those with drug and alcohol issues. As well as talking through problems and supporting each other, this drop-in packs a punch offering free boxing training and fitness classes to help people become more healthy and motivated to stay on the road to recovery.

Seems fair enough to me, as far as I understand it that arent using the whole primary school and there is nothing stopping them finding new premises.

Plus they arent paying a single penny to be there and have had free rent for a number of years.

The benefits of the place appear to be saving the authorities more money than they'd ever expect to get in from rent.

I can't see the coronations?

How does teaching kids how to fight keep them on the straight and narrow?

Most solders who learn how to fight/shoot weapons then want to do it in the field.

So civilians learning a fighting art/sport may be tempted to use it for street fighting, defending themselves whilst committing crime etc.

Assume you mean correlation.

It is giving the kids something to do. Teaching them discipline and allowing them to expel their energy in a more useful way than they might otherwise. The stats appear to speak for themselves. Boxing and other sports have saved many people from going along a less desirable path.