Bents green school memories

Fiona. I have sent you 2 pm's, (one was too long!). Mike.

Hi Mike -S

I can remember the terrapins and the common room opening in the old house but can't remember the dining room being in there but it must have been as I vaguely remember everyone being moved into the new dining room at some point.

I remember the play, it was the same one I was thinking about, I remember Dad saying you'd all excelled yourselves and how brilliant it was and the bit about the lighting rings a bell too.

Will be glad when I can PM as I have quite a few photos from the school (mainly of pupils) that I would like to share but not sure if it would be appropriate to put them into the public domain.

Your friends with the caravan seem familiar, think they may have known Dad better than me maybe from church, sure I remember him mentioning their name.

Don't worry about the length of the messages, I am the worst person for long e mails and txts.

We are still on the Moor, I went back and visited BGS a couple of times but it was usually in the evening when we had been in the area for some reason and just called in on the off chance, think my last visit was about 10 years ago. The buildings were still the same then but the new part was starting to look a bit worse for wear.

Hi my name gareth woodhouse i was at bent green school from 1993-1998 the headaster was mr elcs

Im trying to rember some teacher like me huwet the maths teacher. Carlo scott the supply teacher. Miss greaves sinces teacher. Miss tea the resdentul staff. Mr huews the it techer.mr frank summert cant rember his last name just no he was scottish he was the pe teacher and ower football caoth as i was the goal keeper for the school team i would have posted some school pic but my mum has them. Right i rember being taken to school in a black cab to bent green school as u enterd the school ground u had the wall gate way with the house atavhed on the the left as u past the old coath house with was the residtul house u all saw the trees on your right big one thay was. U went round the corner of the old house where the was a big island where a old bent tree was on it just in frunt of the pe hall. As you walked off the minny bus or taxie down some stairs to the main hall way where u had changing rooms for pe u had the libery as you walked down past the woodwork room and the securterys room and stff room the as u past the door at the bottom u had the sinces room on the right the stair case going up to the next level where u had more class room u had two star cases on both ends. I all so rember 5he school dinners was grate there collyflower and cheses days with smoked gammom. All so rember going for walks in the peak districk for hours on end eating the school pac lunch all ways got the orange drink and a packet of plain crisp lol i rember as well we had a pool room wich we used at finner time with the snack bar for sweets in there 10p moxers ect table tennis all this was in the old cachhouse all do the yaz room. O all do loked stopping at the resodend side twice a week where u eather got a sherd room or the flat on the top floor rember thows marble stair case going up. Trups out to meddowhall at night or thw cinamer or the swimming bath good old days i addmit i had issuws with sume teachers there but it was grate i lernt all life skills there ect and ternd out fine i wish i could have a school reunien with my class mates as well but most off all i married my class mate and still married today as well if u want more info leave me a pm on here thanks

i went to Bents Green school or Bents Green Open Air School as knew it. I went around 1947/48. I seem to remember teacher called Miss Inch. We had to have a sleep in the afternoon, we slept on strechers which was stacked in the flat roof class rooms. Some where in early summer, we had an open day where parents came and we put on a display, while I was there I took part in a Maypole dance. alfred rd

I went too B/G/O/A/S around the same time as you mention, headteacher then was mrs wolsterhome my teacher at the time was a mr vardie big rough looking guy & very strick't he would cain you for the smallest reason, i was in the school's football team (goal keeper) still have a photo off the team.On arrivele you had too have a spoonful off cod liver oil or melt, (Hated both), just basic education the best part off the day was the nap in the afternoon,it was also a boarding school at that time just for girl's. I left in 1951.

Hello everybody, I was a pupil of Bents Green School in Sheffield from September 2004 until November 2006 and I still remember some of the staff and pupils there even if it's been 10 long years lol!

My classmates during that time were:

George Roe

Adarsh Chady

Tracy Gurnhill

Emma Raine

Carl Guirdham

Reece Mozley

Joel-Hill Green

Becky Watson

Thomas Edwards

Other pupils that I can also remember include:

Carl Mottershaw

Andrew Hill

Tom Watson

Zack Wilkinson

Thomas Stockton

Sam Eke

Christopher Bates

Daniel Taylor

Richard Bradshaw

Thomas Costello

Jack Shillitto

Kyle Martin

Lorna Marsh

Louise Allen

Thomas Gautier

Jenny Crowther

Leigh Stinchcombe

Ashley Hall

Kathryn Cusworth

James Maw

Sophie Grundy

This list goes on and on and on!

Bents Green School is completely different to how I remember it!

---------- Post added 24-03-2016 at 20:30 ----------

Anybody go to bents green school? I left in 1964.

Is it still there?

Hello skelwith kid, yes I was a pupil of Bents Green School but I started in September 2004 until November 2006.

Bents Green School is still there and it has undergone a huge transformation since 2011

Hopefully, if you're on Facebook then I would like to become friends with you

Edited by ArchivePast

Pupil 92 to 95. Best school I ever went to & figured out why I was such a pain as a kid.

Went passed it the other day & boy has it changed & looks amazing.

Mr Hunter the sports teacher did a lot for me! Wonder what he's up to now days!

Pupil 92 to 95. Best school I ever went to & figured out why I was such a pain as a kid.

Went passed it the other day & boy has it changed & looks amazing.

Mr Hunter the sports teacher did a lot for me! Wonder what he's up to now days!

Hello Davey1981, if you have a Facebook Account then I really do want to become friends with you!

For a while in 85/86 I worked in the residential house, mainly working pm shifts with the kids providing activities after school.

We took a group canoeing to Rother Valley one time-they nearly drown me but was such fun, we had fabluous snowball fights in winter and the end of term disco's were fab!

It was great being with the kids there, an honour and a priveledge to help them into adult-hood-some really good, happy memories xx

mumsy

I was a resident around that time I remember we would go out after school all the time

---------- Post added 13-09-2017 at 15:13 ----------

I was a resident Aron round 81 till 86. I remember going out all the time after school

---------- Post added 13-09-2017 at 15:14 ----------

I was at Bents Green from 1981 - 86 and some of the teachers on the list were still there when I started. I remember Mr Heward, Mrs Rowland, Mr Kirkham, Mrs Stone, Mrs Kimber and Mrs Seddon from that list. The headteacher when I was there was Norman Elliott. Other teachers I remember were Mrs Greaves (nee Godbehere), Mr Nicolson, Mrs Demengel (spelling?) Mr Crooks, Mrs Bagshaw

I was at school same time as this

Hi all, Seem to have lost touch with a few of the pals who attended the reunion we had a few years ago, since the demise of friends reunited. Be nice to arrange another one for next year, have a look at the new school if they'll let us in!. Anyone from any era would be welcome, perhaps as last time meet up in the Hammer & pincers and then saunter up the road for a look round. Anyone interested please let me know and i'll set the ball rolling. Mike.

Hi all. Just been given the really sad news that Brenda Seddon has passed away. I'm sure many of you from the 60s/70s will remember her wonderful work as school secretary, she was like a second mum to many of us. Pam Evans (Nicholson) and I kept in touch with Brenda, she had been ill for a number of years. RIP.

Hi everybody from Bents Green school. I went there in 1969 till 1971. I suffer from epalispy. The headmaster at that time was Mr Bailey. He was very pleasent and a understandind man to talk to. I made a lot of friends including a little boy called Timmy. If you were there please send me a e mail on avrilbowman@yahoo.co.uk. Talk to you later. AVRIL BOWMAN