Mr Trump - All discussion here

That's not true!

If I was a democrat taxpayer I'm not sure I'd be happy seeing my taxes used to fund private political business for the Republican Party. :suspect:

Ahhh, but your not, though I'm sure the Democrats wouldn't mind if you sent them a donation. Or two. Or three. ;)

That money is a drop in the bucket as far as all the resources wasted by the federal government. Dear God. I'm convinced they put money in big piles and set fire to it. And if they don't, they may as well.

I think if I were concerned about government wastage, I'd look closer to home.

How much money is spent on royal security? Or maintaining the Queen's many lavish residences? And paying for her kids to get married, divorced and remarried?

Common sense would suggest that since he is the president, he has travel problems the average person doesn't have. He can't just book a budget flight or get on a Greyhound bus, now can he?

Though I suppose even if he did, you all would be griping about that.

Must be a bitch parking it on 5th Avenue :?

I wouldn't know. But yes, very funny.

Trump was due to attend a ceremony at the Aisne-Marne US cemetery on Saturday but failed to show because it was raining and his helicopter couldn't fly.

Trump's press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders (the one who likes posting faked videos) is now claiming that he didn't go by car because Trump didn't want to cause traffic problems in Paris and it wouldn't have taken 2.5 hours each way by car.

That 2.5 hours figure is doubtful - it's only about 55 miles and should take 1.25 hours each way even if you don't have police outriders blocking junctions so you can sail through unimpeded.

Does anybody really believe Trump would worry about causing a bit of traffic congestion?

Wow. Maybe they should fire whoever is in charge of travelling dignitaries over there and hire you?

His helicopter could have crashed, he could have personally dragged everyone to safety, and gave CPR to a puppy while feeding the homeless and delivering a baby and you bunch of snowflakes would have still found something wrong. This man lives rent free in your heads. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

How much money is spent on royal security? Or maintaining the Queen's many lavish residences? And paying for her kids to get married, divorced and remarried?

Too much, but the Queen isn't using public resources to lobby for one particular party over another.

His helicopter could have crashed, he could have personally dragged everyone to safety, and gave CPR to a puppy while feeding the homeless and delivering a baby and you bunch of snowflakes would have still found something wrong.

LOL, but of course.... none of that did happen, whereas the things Trump is being criticized for did :hihi:

There must be a conspiracy!!!! :suspect:

This man lives rent free in your heads.

..but... but... HILLARY! :loopy:

This man lives rent free in your heads. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I'd have to agree with this.

---------- Post added 14-11-2018 at 00:02 ----------

Too much, but the Queen isn't using public resources to lobby for one particular party over another.

I personally think it's kinda cool that England still has a monarchy. However, I'm sure the Queen (and the rest of the royals) waste so much money I wouldn't know where to start as far as identifying it all. Or heaven forbid, plugging the leaks.

At least Trump will be gone in four (or eight) years.

His helicopter could have crashed, he could have personally dragged everyone to safety, and gave CPR to a puppy while feeding the homeless and delivering a baby

That's a very unlikely scenario.

What is more likely to happen is that when the helicopter starts to plummet Trump will grab the only remaining parachute on board, strap it on and jump from it just in time. When it crashed he would have ignored the cries of those trapped instead angrily pacing up and down trying to get a cell signal to post on Twatter what a good guy he is. He is likely to tread on the puppy as he is pacing up and down, kick the baby out of his way and wave a fistful of $100 bills in the faces of the homeless who are rushing towards the scene to help the passengers.

His latest twitter spat is about wine. Apparently the French don't buy enough US wine but Americans buy lots of French wine. I'm sure this will be due to the 9p a bottle tariff difference and not due to good taste.

His latest twitter spat is about wine. Apparently the French don't buy enough US wine but Americans buy lots of French wine. I'm sure this will be due to the 9p a bottle tariff difference and not due to good taste.

I once did a survey on French cars while driving through the Pyrenees. Of the 100 French registered cars which passed me, 94 of them were French.

Now don't get me wrong, there are many fine wines made in California especially whites, but the really good ones are very expensive, even in the US. There is no way in a million years that very much US wine will ever be exported to France.

Lol could that be an excuse so he can hit France?, since macron had a dig

I once did a survey on French cars while driving through the Pyrenees. Of the 100 French registered cars which passed me, 94 of them were French.

Now don't get me wrong, there are many fine wines made in California especially whites, but the really good ones are very expensive, even in the US. There is no way in a million years that very much US wine will ever be exported to France.

There is virtually no wine from anywhere outside France in any of the supermarkets near where I live - the odd bottle from Morocco and perhaps Spain (usually Torres "Sangre del Toro") - and this holds true pretty much everywhere in France I've been to with the exception of those very close to Calais.

You'll probably find a slightly greater percentage of non French cars these days - the Dacia Duster in particular is popular round our way (although it is part owned by Renault).

Edited by Longcol

Little known fact. The great French wine blight of the late 1800s caused the death of nearly every vineyard in France. It was caused by an aphid that was introduced from America. The solution was to graft French vines onto American rootstock that was resistant to the aphid. So all the fancy French wines, are grown on Good old USA rootstock.

They tried everything they possibly could before succumbing to the fact that America has the best vines.

They tried everything they possibly could before succumbing to the fact that America has the best vines.

.. works in the rain too! :hihi: