Red Hot Chili Peppers - 17th Nov - Motorpoint Arena Sheffield

The Red Hot Chili Peppers have confirmed details of their first full UK and Ireland tour since 2006 that will take place this November. The tour will follow the August 29th release of their eagerly anticipated new album ‘I’m With You’.

They will play Motorpoint Arena Sheffield on Thursday 17th November 2011 - Tickets on sale Friday 28th July 9am.

Red Hot Chili Peppers – singer Anthony Kiedis, bassist Flea, drummer Chad Smith and guitarist Josh Klinghoffer – will play the Motorpoint Arena Sheffield on Thursday 17th November. Fool’s Gold will be the opening act.

On the day the show goes on sale customers can queue up to purchase tickets in person from the Arena Box Office, but only on the day that the show goes on sale.

People queuing before this will be ...asked to return on the day that the show goes on sale.

Tickets will go on general sale at 9am on Friday 29th July.

In order to stop tickets being re-sold at higher than face value prices through secondary markets and ticket touts, specific booking conditions have been put in place on this show.

We are unable to accept payment by Cash & Cheque – only card payments can be processed.

Entry on the night will only be given to ticket holders who have the original payment card used to make the booking.

If collecting tickets from box office the card holder must be present to sign for the tickets.

The card holder does not have to attend the concert - but the card used to make the booking must be shown with all tickets upon

entry to the arena - if ticket holders do not produce the card they will not gain entrance to the venue. All members of the party must arrive together at the same time with the card.

The card holders surname and last 4 digits of card number will be printed on all tickets.

The ticket is only valid when presented with the original payment card used to make the booking

Under 14’s must be accompanied by an adult.

There is a maximum limit of 4 tickets per person.

I quite like the Chili Peppers but the arena is the worst music venue in the world.

Leeds arena will kill us once it opens

All arenas are soul-less barns - cannot imagine Leeds Arena being any different

Would really like to go but at nearly £50 per ticket it's quite steep. Called the arena box office today and they advised me of the price. Im sure P&P will be added along with a charge per ticket for paying with a card too.

RHCP Ticket Update: As a request by the promoter, in order to stop tickets being re-sold at higher than face value prices through secondary markets and ticket touts, the card holder HAS TO ATTEND THE CONCERT & bring the original payment card used to make the booking, if the card holder is not present none of the party will gain entrance to the venue. All members of the party must arrive together at the same time with the card.

I saw them at Don Valley back in '06 - top quality show.

All arenas are soul-less barns - cannot imagine Leeds Arena being any different

the M.E.N arena is fantastic. but you are right generally.

We are going Thursday but are a bit disappointed that they have changed guitarists between the albums and the gig. We need to keep up more. But it's a night out.

Where are folks going afterwards for the bun fight?

Edited by Uptowngirl

What a great show, they were brilliant!

Was it full in seating and standing ? Interested to know as ticket prices put me off going to see them this time.

Was it full in seating and standing ? Interested to know as ticket prices put me off going to see them this time.

It was pretty much full to capacity both seated and standing. I thought the show was pretty poor. The highlight was the stage set.

The support band, Fools Gold, were mediocre at best. The Chillis started well but drifted with quite a few false starts to songs.

The encore was 15 minutes of mindless tedium. It was like each musician was just playing notes but not necessarily from the same songs.

Around £50 inc booking fees was over the top. The highlight of the evening was a tray of chips with curry sauce that cost £1.60

One other point. If you go in the standing take a mac. The amount of flying pint pots of urine is getting out of control down there.

Edited by Uptowngirl

It was pretty much full to capacity both seated and standing. I thought the show was pretty poor. The highlight was the stage set.

The support band, Fools Gold, were mediocre at best. The Chillis started well but drifted with quite a few false starts to songs.

The encore was 15 minutes of mindless tedium. It was like each musician was just playing notes but not necessarily from the same songs.

Around £50 inc booking fees was over the top. The highlight of the evening was a tray of chips with curry sauce that cost £1.60

One other point. If you go in the standing take a mac. The amount of flying pint pots of urine is getting out of control down there.

Their solos do seem to go on a while, i remember when i saw them at the Ethiad Stadium (City Of Manchester) and we had a solo from Flea, John Furschante (trumpet solo) and Chad on the drums. Were Fools Gold the Stone Roses tribute Band ?