Ashleigh School - Did you go there?

I went to Ashleigh school in the 70's well started in 1976-1977 or there abouts.

My name is Craig

Would love to here from some old school pals.

Or even just chat from people on this forum, if they went to the school.

Just to reminis?

See what your up to now and see if you remember any names,

Teacher and such like.

Don't know if its because i am getting older, but think about them long lost years.

Life does go quick.

I never gave school a second thought when i left.

Then the other day i was driving passed, first time in years, and it had gone. :(

Hope somone reads this and carrys on the topic.

You never know might be quite fun?

P.S as you can tell from my spelling and grammer did not learn much at school

:)

Hi,

I went but it was long after you did! I think I was there in about 86/87ish. Only went one year before we "merged" with Hurlfield to create Myrtle Springs so that might help work out when I went (must be old, mind is going!)

Be b*ggered if I can remember any teachers names from when I went though... Ooh Mr Potts I think, perhaps a PE teacher. And another PE teacher whose name passes me by but we always thought he was odd! I do recall Mrs Stainrod (?) from science I think too.

Used to live near both buildings and remember when they pulled down the lower school building (the one at the top of the field). I'd moved away by the time they razed the upper school tho. They are long lost years... And they seem SO long ago but the memories are still vivid.

Originally posted by Otto

Hi,

I went but it was long after you did! I think I was there in about 86/87ish. Only went one year before we "merged" with Hurlfield to create Myrtle Springs so that might help work out when I went (must be old, mind is going!)

Be b*ggered if I can remember any teachers names from when I went though... Ooh Mr Potts I think, perhaps a PE teacher. And another PE teacher whose name passes me by but we always thought he was odd! I do recall Mrs Stainrod (?) from science I think too.

Used to live near both buildings and remember when they pulled down the lower school building (the one at the top of the field). I'd moved away by the time they razed the upper school tho. They are long lost years... And they seem SO long ago but the memories are still vivid.

I remember Mr Potts he was there when i was..The other one was Mr Higginbottom.

The others are comming back to me slow but sure..

:)

Hiya Cra1g.

I went to trAshleigh school, started in '76/'77, did 'O' levels in '81. Only bumped into a couple of people from school since then.

Originally posted by SHarper

Hiya Cra1g.

I went to trAshleigh school, started in '76/'77, did 'O' levels in '81. Only bumped into a couple of people from school since then.

I must know you then.. Or seen you at school

Its a small world.

I was at Ashleigh in the last year before they closed it, class 1F (Mrs Ord) then went to Myrtle for the remainder of school. We went exploring in Ashleigh Upper School when it was derilict, made it seem very strange seeing it like that.

Teacher memories: Mrs Ashton, Mrs Green (Science), Mr Lambert (Languages), Mr Jenkins (whatever Integrated Humanities was called back then) Mrs Stephens (R.E.), Mr Potts, Mr Morgan and Mrs Cross (P.E.) Mr Sir (Maths). Some of those were at Myrtle and may not have been at Ashleigh, memory goes with age it would seem!

Hiya again Cra1g, are you sure that you started at the same time as me? I see from the "who is over 40" thread that you are 42, so you have a couple of years on me..

The teachers I remember are: Mr Potts, Mr Morgan, Mr Hughes(very camp music teacher), Mr Westnidge, Mr Mackie ( has/had an MG workshop at the end of the Unstone), Mrs Little, Mrs Livesey (cow), Mr Tingle, Mr Bunn, Mrs King (phwoar!), Madame Burrel (phwoar! (in french)).....

Will have to get around to one of the Dev cat meets, see if we know each other....

Guest teebee

hello cra1g

i didnt go to ashleigh school, but i reckon i know you anyway:wave: :wave::clap::banana:

Does anyone have any memories of Ashleigh Comp on Gleadless Common from the 70s? Please, jog my memory!

I was at Ashleigh from 76 - 80. remember one of the buildings was slowly sinking. Had a great big playing field which I used to play golf. remember going to the youth club in the lower school 2nd & 3rd year. Had better memories of lower school than upper school ... dont know why..... prob more happened then.

Touche .... when was you at Ashleigh & did you live near the school?

... the lower school always seemed to have broken windows , usually from golf balls.(not me)