Aggressive muggers at large near Darnall

My friend Col works in a garage near the Nunnery Square tram stop and he likes to go walking sometimes for fresh air but there is muggers in that area he has heard and apparently they are armed. There is a bit between Darnall and a road (I think it is Kecklebridge Road) and there is like a bridge and that's where it keeps happening.

*** PLEASE IF YOU LIVE OR WORK NEAR THERE BE CAREFUL COS THIS IS NOT GOOD AT ALL ***

I know several people who work at the Environment Agency offices on Kettlebridge Road, and there has been one mugging and one attempted mugging within the last week that I know of. The police are aware, but needless to say, this is a serious problem for the area that people should be aware of, as the OP points out.

Just to add, the police have increased their patrols of the area as of today, which is a positive.

Edited by HJL_Shef
Added text...

I know several people who work at the Environment Agency offices on Kettlebridge Road, and there has been one mugging and one attempted mugging within the last week that I know of. The police are aware, but needless to say, this is a serious problem for the area that people should be aware of, as the OP points out.

Just to add, the police have increased their patrols of the area as of today, which is a positive.

Good to hear that the police are being proactive. Sheffield is a civilised city - NO ONE should be afraid to walk the streets, ANYWHERE in our city.

What do the police mean when they say they are "aware"? The next time someone is mugged down there, does it make it any better if they were "aware" that muggers were at large in the area? Why don't they do something about it?

the police have increased their patrols of the area as of today, which is a positive.

They're more than just 'aware' then.

What do the police mean when they say they are "aware"? The next time someone is mugged down there, does it make it any better if they were "aware" that muggers were at large in the area? Why don't they do something about it?

You missed the second half of the post, got over excited by the first part, and posted without reading it's entirety.

The second paragraph explained that the police are increasing their patrols in that area.

Why don't the police do something pro-active and try and catch the muggers in the act?

Good to hear that the police are being proactive. Sheffield is a civilised city - NO ONE should be afraid to walk the streets, ANYWHERE in our city.

Sheffield a civilised city? What about the shooting in August and one in Sept?

Aggressive muggers, as opposed to the ones that say please and thank you?

Why don't the police do something pro-active and try and catch the muggers in the act?

dont be so silly. they are too busy with paper work and dealing with people calling police for trivial matters

Sheffield a civilised city? What about the shooting in August and one in Sept?

Yes, Sheffield is a civilised city - a few bad apples are not enough to alter the fact.

They've said they're increasing patrols in the area, what more are you asking for?