Public transport tickets from 1st November 2015

There seems to be a little confusion about what tickets to buy and prices when the new bus network launches on Sunday 1st November. Here is a summary. I would suggest you first check what operators you are likely to be travelling with on the new network and whether you are likely to travel by tram or train at any point.

The tickets below are for travel purely within Sheffield. There are also options for all of South Yorkshire. I've also not included child, family or student tickets. Use the links provided below to find out more about those tickets.

First bus only:

First Day £3.90#

First Week £12.50#

First 4 Week £44.00 (or £41 on the app)

Stagecoach only:

Bus Dayrider £3.90#

Bus+Tram Dayrider £4.00#

Bus Weekly Megarider £12.50#

Tram Weekly Megarider £12.50#

Bus+Tram Weekly Megarider £13.50#

Bus 28 day Megarider £42.00

Tram 28 day Megarider £42.00

Bus+Tram 28 day Megarider £46.00

TM Travel only:

Day YoYo £3.90#

Week YoYo £12.50#

Citybus - all BUS operators:

Day £4.00#

Week £14.00#

28 day £49.00

Citywide - all BUS+TRAM operators

Day £4.30#

Week £15.00#

28 day £53.00

Railmaster - TRAM+TRAIN

Month £75.00

Travelmaster - all BUS+TRAM+TRAIN

Day £7.60#

Week £24.70

28 day £85.30

tickets marked # are available to buy on board the relevant buses/trams.

28 day First/Stagecoach tickets sold online.

Weekly or longer Citywide, Citybus and Travelmaster available from self service ticket machines in bus interchanges.

Travelmaster also available from the ticket office at Sheffield and Meadowhall railway stations.

Railmaster is sold at rail station ticket offices only.

More information:

First bus - http://www.firstgroup.com/sheffield

Stagecoach bus - http://www.stagecoachbus.com/sheffield

Stagecoach Supertram - http://www.supertram.com

TM Travel - http://www.tmtravel.co.uk

Citybus/Citywide/SY Connect/Travelmaster - http://www.sytravelmaster.com

Edited by Andy C

Cheers Andy.

Do you know where we can buy the new citybus ticket is it going to be on the smart system / can you buy it on buses?

Cheers.

Cheers Andy.

Do you know where we can buy the new citybus ticket is it going to be on the smart system / can you buy it on buses?

Cheers.

Daily and weekly from bus drivers, 28 day on smartcards from self service machines in the bus Interchanges or Payzone shops.

---------- Post added 27-10-2015 at 15:10 ----------

Something that hasn't been very well advertised is a new 'Connect South' ticket:

With a Connect South you can travel on direct bus routes from Chesterfield, Dronfield, Clowne and Worksop into the Sheffield and Rotherham zones and then on any bus or tram around those zones, allowing you to get to and from work quickly and easily, even when your plans change.

Weekly £24

28 day £90

Hi Andy, thanks for the info. I don't know if you could clarify this for me? As I understand from the leaflets that have been distributed, we'll now be able to use bus tickets across different operators on some routes. Will this apply if you have a stagecoach tram and bus ticket?

Hi Andy, thanks for the info. I don't know if you could clarify this for me? As I understand from the leaflets that have been distributed, we'll now be able to use bus tickets across different operators on some routes. Will this apply if you have a stagecoach tram and bus ticket?

No, the leaflets are promoting the new 'Citybus' ticket, along with the price reduction on 'Citywide' tickets.

If you currently buy the Stagecoach bus+tram Megarider at £13.50 a week, it will only cost an extra £1.50 a week to upgrade to a Citywide ticket valid on all operators (reduced in price from £17 to £15).

If you currently buy a weekly bus only ticket for a specific operator at £12.50 a week, again only £1.50 more for a Citybus weekly ticket valid on any operator (new ticket, priced at £14 a week).

In the case of day tickets, operator specific tickets are £3.90, however for £4 you will be able to use any bus operator and for £4.30 any bus or tram (£4 is the new Citybus day, the Citywide day is reduced from £4.50 to £4.30).

Edited by Andy C

No, the leaflets are promoting the new 'Citybus' ticket, along with the price reduction on 'Citywide' tickets.

If you currently buy the Stagecoach bus+tram Megarider at £13.50 a week, it will only cost an extra £1.50 a week to upgrade to a Citywide ticket valid on all operators (reduced in price from £17 to £15).

If you currently buy a weekly bus only ticket for a specific operator at £12.50 a week, again only £1.50 more for a Citybus weekly ticket valid on any operator (new ticket, priced at £14 a week).

In the case of day tickets, operator specific tickets are £3.90, however for £4 you will be able to use any bus operator and for £4.30 any bus or tram (£4 is the new Citybus day, the Citywide day is reduced from £4.50 to £4.30).

Ah, never mind. Thanks for the clarification.

Cheers Andy.

Cheers.

I'm led to believe later this year all weekly or longer bus and tram tickets in Sheffield will be going on Smart Cards.

Hi Andy, I will be buying the Citybus monthly tickets - one thing I'm not clear on, can you pick the start date for your card when buying at a ticket machine, and do you get a new card each time or just top up the same one?

Like the idea of getting tickets at paypoints too, very handy for those of us that don't work near the interchanges :-)

Hi Andy, I will be buying the Citybus monthly tickets - one thing I'm not clear on, can you pick the start date for your card when buying at a ticket machine, and do you get a new card each time or just top up the same one?

Like the idea of getting tickets at paypoints too, very handy for those of us that don't work near the interchanges :-)

I believe you can pick your start date, not seen it in action so not sure how far in advance it allows.

Once you have a smart card that is yours, you just renew the product stored on the card each week/month.

One other thing if you are thinking of buying Citybus - is there a chance you may want to get a tram at any point? A tram inclusive Citywide ticket is only an extra £4 per month.

I use the ticket machines for a monthly CityWide, and it does let you pick your start date (which is handy if you've got a holiday for example), and it does top up the same card each time. I'd expect it'll work much the same for the new CityBus too.

The machines are not yet offering City Bus tickets, so you can't "pre-order" one with a start date of 1st November, which is a pity. I tweeted TSY who confirmed this is the case.