Watching Vulcan take off / flight times 2015

I gather from recent BBC news that the last flying Vulcan (which lives at Robin Hood airport) wont fly again after 2015

It would be great to see it one last time but I doubt we would be able to get to any air shows this year

Does anyone know when it is scheduled to take off for any shows this year?

I gather from recent BBC news that the last flying Vulcan (which lives at Robin Hood airport) wont fly again after 2015

It would be great to see it one last time but I doubt we would be able to get to any air shows this year

Does anyone know when it is scheduled to take off for any shows this year?

Try the FB site or http://www.dsaf.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=60

This is the website that you need http://www.vulcantothesky.org/

If you sign up to the twitter feed you will get info of take off / landing activity that is done as part of a maintenance check as well as leaving / returning from flypast/displays

You can also book tours of the hangar etc

Some information in tonight's Star.

Im going to see the Vulcan take at Robin Hood Airport today and was wondering if anyone knew where to best place to watch take off was? :help:

If you head north along the A614, just after Austerfield there's a roundabout, the second exit of which (signed as a dead end) takes you onto a road which runs along the perimeter fence, parallel to the runway:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.459983,-1.006094,3a,75y,4.96h,72.74t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1su-TLLRI2WdpXkJjgWJyuSg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

If you head north along the A614, just after Austerfield there's a roundabout, the second exit of which (signed as a dead end) takes you onto a road which runs along the perimeter fence, parallel to the runway:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.459983,-1.006094,3a,75y,4.96h,72.74t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1su-TLLRI2WdpXkJjgWJyuSg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Thanks Angus.....just gotta decide if i wanna see it take off from the side or from underneath at the end of the runway.

I watched it take off from the end of the runway yesterday, it was an amazing sight to see and such a shame she won't be flying after this year.

Get there early as it was packed yesterday and difficult to park.

You are best coming off at junction 3 of M18 and following the signs for Bawtry, along the A638 Great North Road. Just after the The Mount Pleasant Hotel, take a left down High Common Lane, this takes you to the end of the runway.

Edited by verona

I watched it take off from the end of the runway yesterday, it was an amazing sight to see and such a shame she won't be flying after this year.

Get there early as it was packed yesterday and difficult to park.

You are best coming off at junction 3 of M18 and following the signs for Bawtry, along the A638 Great North Road. Just after the The Mount Pleasant Hotel, take a left down High Common Lane, this takes you to the end of the runway.

Gonna take the motorbike so parking shouldnt be a problem! :thumbsup:

We were heading north from Bawtry a couple of years ago when it took off, and turned at 90deg southwards down the road - like the flight of a frizbe.

Frightened me to death!

Hope you all see it well!

If any of you on FB have never seen a Vulcan taking off ,then take the opportunity to do so as you will never forget the sight or sound.

I went with my mum ,dad and the rest of the family and a couple of other families from our road in the mid 1960`s just to see the planes at Finningley.

We were fortunate to be stood outside the fence obviously to see whatever planes landing.I cannot remember how long we had to wait but it was worth it.

I remember seeing three Vulcans coming in to land and then dealing with a "Shout".

At one point one was taking off,another had just landed and the last one was just about to land .This apparently was to simmulate an emergecy call.The sound that was generated from these Vulcans is still with me today and how the ground shook.What a sight.

couple of years ago I took my nephew, who was 6 at the time to his first airshow at raf Waddington, managed to get a spot where we could see the Vulcan parked close to the runway, still brings a smile to my face when he was unmercifully hauled up to sit on my shoulders and he saw it taxiing to where we was stood then proceed to take off, to say he was impressed is bit of an understatement, to cap it off, saw stand for dam busters as we was walking back, and two of original pilots was there signing books and he got chance to shake their hands