Did you work at Edward pryor

Just wondering if anyone worked there late 60s early 70s .i started as an apprentice engineer then worked in the engraving shop had some good times there

my brother worked there,late 80's tho.i do remember him saying he liked it there.

My aunt and cousins husband worked there. Didn't they have a minor bird in the reception

Yes they did and it came out with some right choice words

I remember my aunt taking me to see it, I can't remember it talking, but it was many years ago

worked in engraving shop about that time, still remember ron wordsworth, harry shaw, ken fern (wack) fred Clarke, ted green(hand engraver) dereck wood, pop,

You must have been there when I was then ,Harry shaw was my gaffer ,

Didn't work there but I've still got one of those lords prayers medallions

You must have been there when I was then ,Harry shaw was my gaffer ,

he was mine, so give us a clue who ya are. do you remember a lad with blond curly hair nicknamed "ben", he still works there.

Edited by clive1

Yes I can remember him just ,my name is graham and live at high green

I was an apprentice in the machine shop from 1965 to 69.

My name is Brian Cowling...ring any bells? ( milling section )

Our training officer was George Cooper . He was a goody-goody type.. gave a tenth of his earnings to his church if that helps..He was a nice man.

His brother Alf worked there also but was a polar opposite of George. He was made up to shop foreman just before I left and was quite strict. Must have gone to his head. He used to stand at the end of all the machines at 5 minutes to finishing time to make sure nobody washed off early.

Other names I remember were Jack Hardy ( tool stores boss ) who died before I left.

John Hazard...charge hand.

Phillip Berger and Kenneth Cook ( two apprentices set on same time as me.)

Byron Watson (machinist and shop steward) . I named my first son after him.

A guy called Ted..highly skilled bloke .worked on the milling section also...his second name will come to me after I post this.... ( just remembered..Ted Belk )

When I got to about 20 or 21 I left for a job with more money..to Ashow Engineering. .who paid most in Sheffield at the time

Over all I have fond memories of Edward Pryor and Sons.

---------- Post added 22-09-2017 at 20:23 ----------

Just wondering if anyone worked there late 60s early 70s .i started as an apprentice engineer then worked in the engraving shop had some good times there

What was you name? I was there at this time. .

We went there when we were at school they gave us the lords pray engraved on a small medallion that could go on a chain around your neck could any one tell me if I could still get one