Crucible Corner

I know this thread is old but I thought id post about our experience tonight.

I booked on Wednesday for 6pm and specifically said we'd be going to the theatre and would need to be out by 7pm in time for the play. When we arrived we said we were in a rush and were reassured by the waitress that our order would

be at the front of the queue. When our order was taken we were

told that we didn't have time for two courses, that the burger was off

the menu and that they didn't know what the soup of the day was. So we

ordered mains based on what the waitress said would be quick.

30 minutes later no food had arrived and after we asked what was going on the manager came out and said our order hadnt made it to the kitchen and that the waitress had left for the night! he apologised and said that we could all have the lamb shank as it would be quick and ready soon. Another 20 minutes and the food came, by now it was getting on for 7pm, we managed to eat a small amount very quickly before having to leave for the theatre. Thankfully, the manager waived the bill.

It was a disappointing experience because I was reassured on booking and arrival that we could eat in time for the theatre. None of our party of four got to eat something of their choice and it was very very rushed and pressured and not much fun!

I would definitely think twice about eating there again, although I suppose the manager handled it ok in the end.

On what was a very busy evening, this was, sadly, one of those incidents which it is almost impossible to legislate for.

We pride ourselves on being able to look after our customers and ensure that they are in their theatre seats in plenty of time for the show. We have been

able to do this all the way through Othello, which has been very busy for us.

Obviously on the night in question we failed to live up to our usual high

standards.

I do hope that your experience will not prevent you from visiting us again and that you enjoyed the final performance of Othello.

Can I please ask you to contact me to arrange another visit for you and your guests. We could then speak about the problems you had on the night and hopefully our service will have returned to its usual high standards.

Archie Ward

Manager

Crucible Corner.

I went for a meal in there the other week, I wasn't too impressed with the menu to be honest, no Scampi and chips? :gag:

I went for a meal in there the other week, I wasn't too impressed with the menu to be honest, no Scampi and chips? :gag:

What will you want next time, chicken in a basket....thats sooooo 1980's :hihi:

What will you want next time, chicken in a basket....thats sooooo 1980's :hihi:

Don't knock it, it's very successful that sort of thing, people don't want fancy grub, they want traditional Pub grub, which includes the likes of Scampi and chips, and Chicken in a Basket :D

Don't knock it, it's very successful that sort of thing, people don't want fancy grub, they want traditional Pub grub, which includes the likes of Scampi and chips, and Chicken in a Basket :D

Strangely enough, 2 weeks ago I was eating scampi in a bar in Portugal :D

Rich, just to let you know, Yates near city hall is advertising scampi & chips for £2.99....

I actualy really like the bar and the food but i think the drinks are very overpriced and i think that really effects how busy it gets and how long people choose to stay in there.

I genuinely don't think i am that price sensitive but the price of a beer in cruicible corner is more than most city center hotels. So most people only have 1 before or after a show. I would use it as a bar much more if the price of drinks was more resonable.

Rich, just to let you know, Yates near city hall is advertising scampi & chips for £2.99....

Ta for the tip, but I thought Yates' went bust a couple of years back?

I went here with my family last Friday night as a treat for my Mum's birthday followed by the Lyceum West Side Story which was very good btw.

I thought the food was lovely and the service was very efficient, they asked when we booked if we were going to a show and knew what time we needed to book for to make sure we had plenty of time and didn't have to rush.

All in all a very nice place with good food and service, I would recommend.

What sort of food is on the menu at the moment and what real ale do they have?

Surely if you want traditional Pub grub you'd go to a traditional pub?