Au pairs in Sheffield

South is arguably the nicer part of the village, not that there's a huge difference.

---------- Post added 22-09-2015 at 09:43 ----------

I'm surprised. I can imagine that there are a few people who could afford it, but it's Yorkshire, so being able to afford something doesn't mean you go ahead and spend the money!

Is that where the flutterbys are?

I think they're in N Anston..

Other side of A57. It's just outside North Anston, travelling towards Woodsetts on Woodsetts Road.

I've got my Anstons mixed up, haven't I? I am so embarrassed.

It is indeed, so you should know better than to stereotype them along Barnsleyan lines, the way you did in your earlier post :P:D

That would be a Yorkshire stereotype, the entire county.

She's a few years older than me, and from what I've worked out over the years on here, I'm older than you, so unlikely. Most probably same schools though (Anston Park, Dino comp). Mrs L00b is also from the main road (Nursery Rd?) in North Anston (Main Street is in the old part, we used to rent the end house on it, by the baulk, in the late 00s just before the terraced cottages sprouted in the garden).

Greenlands, but yes, Dinnington.

Yes, Nursery Rd, but up towards the Little Mester end.

Ah, that's interesting, my friends Aunt used to own the house beyond Phil on the Hill (before they built a housing estate there), and she moved into a rented house just across from there when the housing estate was created.

---------- Post added 23-09-2015 at 08:51 ----------

I've got my Anstons mixed up, haven't I? I am so embarrassed.

Were you thinking of Aston, or is there another Anston I've not heard of?

Greenlands, but yes, Dinnington.

Ah, that's interesting, my friends Aunt used to own the house beyond Phil on the Hill (before they built a housing estate there), and she moved into a rented house just across from there when the housing estate was created.

---------- Post added 23-09-2015 at 08:51 ----------

Were you thinking of Aston, or is there another Anston I've not heard of?

Which one haven't you heard of? North Anston or South Anston? Either way it's that one.

They are just 2 sides of the same village, having lived there for 18 years I'd heard of both.

Sounds expensive, but I don't have kids, so I've never investigated.
Average is £70 to £90 per week, plus free board/lodgings of course. For a 30 hour week with 1 day rest. Far under NMW (they don't have an employed status).

I must have been living in a different South Yorkshire for the past 20 years, then. Then again, Anston is practically in North Notts, so this may explain that :D

Same stretch, by Orchard Avenue :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_Yorkshire#Traditions_and_stereotypes

The most common stereotype of a Yorkshire person is as tight with money: there is a British saying that "a Yorkshireman is a Scotsman with all the generosity squeezed out of him", which references how Scots are also stereotyped as being tight but not as tight as Yorkshire folk. This stereotype can also be seen in the Yorkshireman's Motto:

'Ear all, see all, say nowt;

Eyt all, sup all, pay nowt;

And if ivver tha does owt fer nowt –

Allus do it fer thissen.[5]

Hi

We are hosting an au pair, she just arrived and would like to meet people, she is 20 & Italian.

PM if you have any info.

Thanks!

If she fancies helping someone help improve their Italian language skills, I could use some help....

Hi,

Is anyone an au pair or does anyone have an au pair staying with them? We have one joining us in a couple of weeks and I wanted to help her establish a bit of a social network when she arrives.

Are there any relevant fb groups she could join (I don’t use fb so I’m pretty clueless)

Thanks

Hi we have an au pair and she'd be very eager to meet other au pairs. Please contact me and then we can put then in touch.

Thanks Amy