What is a Pippy Show ?

In our house a fuddle was a meal like potluck, instead of a 'proper meal'. Or a get together where people brought various bits and pieces along for the eats.

So if we were camping in the garden, one would bring crisps, someone else pop or sweets, fruit and stuff, my granny would say that it looked like we were having a proper fuddle. Memories!

never heard of it. although Pippys was a legendary Sheffield rock shirt and leather jacket retailer which was in the centre for many years. I think they had a shop in Liverpool too.

I used to work at Hayman’s Bridal Shop on the Moor. Pippy’s was behind it on Cross Burgess Street. “Pippy” was Mrs Hayman’s son, Phillip. (Pippy the Hippie) Made a bomb out of Afghan coats, joss-sticks and other “smoking accessories” if you know what I mean. He was a real character and despite his rather hippie like appearance, a hard nosed businessman.