Looking for help finding someone

Looking for help finding a connection to a family member of mine. The only information we currently have is:

A black Gentleman(possibly West Indian) who in 1962/1963 played the bass guitar in a band around Rotherham area possibly goes by the name of Leonard however this may be incorrect.

Any possible connections or information or simalarities please feel free to share

Thanks

Try the Sheffield Star for help.

Possibly no connection but here goes. Lenny springs to mind, I knew him quite well as a local busker in the 1980s-90s played the guitar and wore a cowboy type hat. I might be able to help a little more if this is of intrest to you.

Try the Sheffield Star for help.

Thankyou i will look into this.

---------- Post added 09-07-2018 at 08:05 ----------

Possibly no connection but here goes. Lenny springs to mind, I knew him quite well as a local busker in the 1980s-90s played the guitar and wore a cowboy type hat. I might be able to help a little more if this is of intrest to you.

Hi only_me. Any information is noted. Do you know of his area he played in?

Yes, he would play local in town but would sometimes go to Rotherham, Barnsley etc. Places he could just jump on a bus. Lenny was a great bloke sadly no longer with us. I would visit him at home the odd time, he died at his home in Pitsmoor but again this might not be the same person.

Did he always play solo? From our understanding the Man who we are possibly looking for played in a band. I will private message once im out of my probation period :D

Sorry mate not sure about his past before the late 1980s. He did seem to be quite talented and could easily earn £150 a day busking. Hopefully in the next couple of days I will contact someone who could possibly clarify his propper name. Please feel free to PM me when allowed.

We do know his name was Leonard but thats all.