Stannington, suspicious white van

Did they have a certain accent or was there anything distinctive about the van?

Depends what they had in their van.

There could be evidence of 'going equipped to steal'

Also, they would take the registration and if a van was spotted in an actual crime then a white van would be on records.

The OP "forgot" to note the registration number.

I have rung 101 on few occasions and always got straight through

I bet you have :rolleyes:

Report what exactly ?

Is it now illegal to walk up and down a road. ?

No, but let's say they were burglars or car thieves, and they were luckier on the next street. The police might be interested then. On the two occasions I've rung 101, the police actually came round, with blue lights, and on one occasion an armed response.

Turns out there's a reason why they call it 'suspicious behaviour'.

Hi

Just a heads up if you live in the area. We arrived home to find a white transit van pulled opposite our house. 2 out of the 3 passengers were walking slowly looking down drives and at cars.

My husband asked if they were alright, and they said they were meeting the owners of a car for sale on our front. Unbeknown to them it was our car and we said nothing had been arranged. This caught him off guard, they asked the price, which is clearly stated in the for sale sign. My husband said 'your not here for the car are you' they quickly scarpered but we forgot to take down the registration.

This could be nothing, just an innocent strange incident, but thought it best to be observant and give people the heads up.

Thanks

I live just along from you so thanks for the heads up and I'll be keeping an eye out :thumbsup:

We had a white van like that on our street last week and last night again. They gently tap on the front window, then tap gently on the passage sidedoor and then start snooping around the back door.

Both times I got them at the back door and they say they are looking for someone and run away but this van goes on checking all the properties on the road to see if people are in.

I got the license plate and reported it to 101.

Gues we all have to be careful.

Edited by dutch

there was a similar spate of burglaries around the same area this time last year - have you seen a black corsa lurking around?

this is the thread from last year

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1358700

This is about suspicious people driving a white van and checking if people are not in for whatever suspicious reason they are doing that.

I have no real legal evidence of course but am 100% certain their intention was to look for a property to break into.

The thread from last year is about people breaking into vans, it is not the same thing.

---------- Post added 21-11-2015 at 11:00 ----------

If anyone else has recorded the plate of this suspicious white van send me a personal message and we can see if it was the same vehicle.

Edited by dutch

We had a white van like that on our street last week and last night again. They gently tap on the front window, then tap gently on the passage sidedoor and then start snooping around the back door.

Both times I got them at the back door and they say they are looking for someone and run away but this van goes on checking all the properties on the road to see if people are in.

I got the license plate and reported it to 101.

Gues we all have to be careful.

Glad to hear you got the reg, well done!

Glad to hear you got the reg, well done!

Don't know where you live or what your house looks like but there will be many out there who would rather assist with burglars being identified. Although most of them use stolen vehicles anyway.