Aggressive muggers at large near Darnall

Why don't the police do something pro-active and try and catch the muggers in the act?

How would that work?

The thing is muggings tend to occur when there are no witnesses around, and especially not in full view of a police officer.

So how do you catch them in the act?

If the muggers drive to the scene of the crime at 31mph, we might have a chance of the police catching them ;)

How about an undercover officer?

You have heard of the austerity measures vis a vis the police havnt you?

You have heard of the austerity measures vis a vis the police havnt you?

Don't they have some of them pretend cops that they use that they don't pay for? PCSOs?

This is a good idea. Like what they could do is dress a copper up as a weedy office worker (like that Micky Muscle character from the advert for the kitchen cleaner thing) and then he would walk where the muggers do the mugging and then when they try to mug ‘Micky Muscle’ he reveals his true self and pushes them over and put them in hang cuffs before dragging them to the cop shop etc.

This is a good idea. Like what they could do is dress a copper up as a weedy office worker (like that Micky Muscle character from the advert for the kitchen cleaner thing) and then he would walk where the muggers do the mugging and then when they try to mug ‘Micky Muscle’ he reveals his true self and pushes them over and put them in hang cuffs before dragging them to the cop shop etc.

My Bold

Good idea

What the police need to do is hide in the bushes.

Although I suppose if I managed to glimpse a sight of someone hiding in a bush, I'd be convinced it was a mugger.

---------- Post added 18-11-2015 at 15:51 ----------

They'd probably just beat him up and steal his hang cuffs. And no one wants them there hang cuffs being sold on the block market.

What the police need to do is hide in the bushes.

Although I suppose if I managed to glimpse a sight of someone hiding in a bush, I'd be convinced it was a mugger.

---------- Post added 18-11-2015 at 15:51 ----------

They'd probably just beat him up and steal his hang cuffs. And no one wants them there hang cuffs being sold on the block market.

Allo Allo !!!!!