Occupy Sheffield Cathedral (Part 2)

Please feel free to continue the discuss on Occupy Sheffield here.

I think what he wants is everyone to say they are sorry and that they now agree with all that he has said about occupy being welcome at the cathedral and that they are NOT attacking the church or its staff and that occupy is MASSIVELY popular and the camp is VERY pretty and full of protesters :D

No at all.

If anyone else does believe that there is a big problem with communication on this thread, then my offer stands.

I'm virtually 100% certain that, even if we do address the communication block, no-one's going to actually change their mind on the issues and, I see no need whatsoever for apologies.

I really am simply trying to establish some communication.

But, if everyone thinks that this thread has been productive, or that the anti & pro occupiers have been genuinely communicating with each other, then simply continue.

(last page of Part 1 of thread is here-

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=884970&page=291 )

No at all.

If anyone else does believe that there is a big problem with communication on this thread, then my offer stands.

I'm virtually 100% certain that, even if we do address the communication block, no-one's going to actually change their mind on the issues and, I see no need whatsoever for apologies.

I really am simply trying to establish some communication.

But, if everyone thinks that this thread has been productive, or that the anti & pro occupiers have been genuinely communicating with each other, then simply continue.

(last page of Part 1 of thread is here-

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=884970&page=291 )

Perhaps it is worthwhile taking this opportunity to reiterate what you want to achieve, and what you have done to date to achieve this?

Perhaps it is worthwhile taking this opportunity to reiterate what you want to achieve, and what you have done to date to achieve this?

I want to achieve the possibility of productive communication between the anti and pro occupiers.

In an attempt to achieve this, I've posted several ideas that I think could be used to bring that about.

(see last few pages of part 1 of the thread for details)

First though, people need to acknowldge that a communication block exists.

Sorry, to be clearer. The Occupy movement as a whole. Any points or changes they are trying to achieve have been obscured by the absurd choice of location. Hence, rather than dwelling on that perhaps focus on what the collective wants and how they are moving towards this.

Sorry, to be clearer. The Occupy movement as a whole. Any points or changes they are trying to achieve have been obscured by the absurd choice of location. Hence, rather than dwelling on that perhaps focus on what the collective wants and how they are moving towards this.

You'd be better off asking an actual occupier on that one.

Although, if you've got the time, reading through parts of part 1 would be useful as it's obviously been covered there, though, like I'm saying above, IMO, there's been very little productive communication. But, it will give you a good idea of what the occupiers have said and the responses of the anti occupiers.

Although, if you've got the time, reading through parts of part 1 would be useful as it's obviously been covered there, though, like I'm saying above, IMO, there's been very little productive communication. But, it will give you a good idea of what the occupiers have said and the responses of the anti occupiers.

You wholeheartedly support them yet can't give a summary of what they want to achieve? I'm sure buried in part one there is an explanation but I thought a summary on page one of this thread may be beneficial for all forum users.

First though, people need to acknowldge that a communication block exists.

Everyone has agreed. It's just that you're the only one who thinks that it's everyone else.

I agree with brianthedog, a summary of Occupy Sheffield's objectives would be useful on this first page.

Dave the communication problem arises because there is no accountable, responsible, identified member of Occupy debating regularly and giving definative answers to the questions asked.

I do not considers most posters to be anti but frustrated at Occupys tactics and see them damaging their own cause by stubborness and lack of a practical agenda for change and implementation plan.

Even with your best efforts fighting their cause the question hangs that if you believe in the cause so passionately why aren't you a member of the organisation ?

As an outsider are you qualified to represent their true views and agenda ?

Everyone has agreed. It's just that you're the only one who thinks that it's everyone else.

You're actually the first person, other than myself, to acknowledge that a communication block exists on this thread (unless I've missed something).

Are you interested in overcoming that block?

Dave the communication problem arises because there is no accountable, responsible, identified member of Occupy debating regularly and giving definative answers to the questions asked.

I do not considers most posters to be anti but frustrated at Occupys tactics and see them damaging their own cause by stubborness and lack of a practical agenda for change and implementation plan.

Even with your best efforts fighting their cause the question hangs that if you believe in the cause so passionately why aren't you a member of the organisation ?

As an outsider are you qualified to represent their true views and agenda ?

The communication block I'm referring to, is soley between the posters on this thread.

No, I'm no longer interested in summarising Occupy's stance or getting involved in discussing any of those issues- I'm interested only in dealing with the block in communication that has, IMO, crippled progress in this thread.

If fruitful communication is acheived, then I'll consider getting involved in the pro/anti occupation debate again.

If it isn't, then obviously, you're all free to continue discussing exactly what you wish to, but without me, as I firmly believe that discussion without communication will be as circular as it has been througout part 1.

You're actually the first person, other than myself, to acknowledge that a communication block exists on this thread (unless I've missed something).

Are you interested in overcoming that block?

without using the actually phrase 'communication block' several people have admitted it exists. Maybe the problem is you haven't read or understood peoples' posts (which is a problem across this forum not just with you, I don't always understand people).