The 2010/2011 snow Megathread

So what will this winter behold for us? Will we be besieged by the lovely white fluffy stuff or will we just have a cold and dreary season?

I just asked myself literally 30 seconds ago, "How long before someone creates a 2010-11 snow mega-thread?" :D

Apparently, they say its going to be another cold one, although not as harsh as last years, with periods of heavy, disruptive snow. Google "Positive Weather Solutions" and you'll see. They have a really good reputation of correctly predicting the weather where the Met Office failed. :D

Just like last year, snow has started to fall in the Alps and in the Baltic early.

Be prepared.

Lets hope old man scriven has enough salt for us.

To be fair though, I think the council did a banging job of keeping us moving last winter. I was quite pregnant at the time and when our selfish neighbours had emptied the salt bin, They were out within the hour to refill it.

have they begun filling the grit bins yet?

no we aint not yet

Yes its been banging it down here all day we have about 4 to 6 inches and lots of people stuck in ditches me almost being one of them..........i must put my winter tyres on!

Last winter was a nightmare when the snow hit in our village, the shops ran out of basic stuff because the deliveries couldn't get through.

Its just tried snowing up here in S8, about half hour back,Norton end.

Someone will need to restore the one at the Erskine Road/Myrtle Road junction to its upright position as it's currently spilling its contents all over the kerb/road.