Thread closed as dedicated forum launched

The "stream" running through Endcliffe Park was a raging torrent at 07.00 Fri morn. Burst its banks in several places and flooded the kiddies swings area. And still it's pouring down .....

Oh and our cellar has 8 inches of water so far .... that won't be the worst I'm sure ...

Visit the joys of Lake Roxy.

40 square meters of fresh water situated in the concrete lowlands between Arundel Gate and the main Sheffield Interchange. Approaches to the Lake are via the tunnel under Arundel Gate, or the ramps outside the Roxy / Odeon Complex.

Enjoy a swift paddle in 6 inches of God's finest rainwater, and determine whether your shoes are water proof by walking through it.

Major activities here are finding the shallowest track across the lake, and waiting for life to take hold and provide us with mosquitoes for when the heatwave comes. :)

Roads flooded in Gleadless and Ecclesfield amongst other places

Train services Sheffield-Barnsley suspended

Train services to/via Birmingham disrupted.

Not as good as the lake under heeley bridge though joe !!! that beauty was well over two foot deep the other day, having driven through it very carefully as to avoid wetting any key electrical bits on my engine,i was amazed to watch a young girl in a little yellow fiat try to do a barnes wallace over the top of it by hitting it at about 30 to 40 mph :loopy: needless to say she got about half way and the poor car conked out well and truly :hihi: :hihi: It gets better ?? the silly moo then decided to get out of the car and seek help :loopy: :loopy: well the bottom of the door on a little fiat is approx 11 inches from the floor !!! sat in 24 inches of water :loopy: :loopy: i know i shouldnt have but i nearly laughed myself daft as over a foot of water flooded into the car pushing the door wide open with the pressure:hihi: Fair do's to the girl though, she had got green p plates on !!! steep learning curve this driving lark isnt it ??:hihi: :hihi:

It's rained for nearly 48 hours constantly..theres bound to be some severe flooding at somepoint.maybe we could start a floodwatch thread? how's the river Don looking ?? was a bit worried for my sister who live's on what they say would be the flood plane if it were to burst it's banks

The "stream" running through Endcliffe Park was a raging torrent at 07.00 Fri morn. Burst its banks in several places and flooded the kiddies swings area. And still it's pouring down .....
wish i had known that !! the wet suit and extreme lilo would have been out:hihi: :hihi:

Anyone want to help me build an ark?

I would but all my 4x2 has just floated down the hill :hihi:

I would but all my 4x2 has just floated down the hill :hihi:

i keep telling everyone to buy 4x4...

sorry wrong section:hihi: