Rotherham Children sexually exploited

That is absolutely disgraceful.

If the police and child protection agencies were aware of a string of offences and no prosecutions were made, where do they stand in law? Are they not complicit in some way?

Despite this, the report concluded: "Several staff described their nervousness about identifying the ethnic origins of perpetrators for fear of being thought as racist; others remembered clear direction from their managers not to do so."

I think this tells us a lot about the problem.

That makes for very grim reading. How horrific for the victims. :(

Despite this, the report concluded: "Several staff described their nervousness about identifying the ethnic origins of perpetrators for fear of being thought as racist; others remembered clear direction from their managers not to do so."

I think this tells us a lot about the problem.

And also this:

The report said failures of the political and officer leadership of Rotherham council over the first 12 years she looked at were blatant, as the seriousness of the problem was underplayed by senior managers and was not seen as a priority by South Yorkshire police. Jay said police "regarded many child victims with contempt".

Read the report. http://www.rotherham.gov.uk/downloads/file/1407/independent_inquiry_cse_in_rotherham

Can someone please explain why Shaun Wright hasn't resigned from the PCC post yet?

Was he at the healm at the time all this happened? If no, then I do not see why he should resign. If yes, then certainly he should apologise and go.

Was he at the healm at the time all this happened? If no, then I do not see why he should resign. If yes, then certainly he should apologise and go.

He was head of Childrens services. Worth reading the report.

Shaun Wright was Head of Childrens and Young Persons Services during the time that the enquiry covers. He will not stand down though, too greasy for that. Stone should have stayed and been made to deal with it and then sacked instead of taking cowards way out and quitting

Can someone please explain why we have any PCCs as they are a complete waste of money?

If the PCC was to truly hold the Police to account, the post is worth its money.

If the PCC is merely playing tribal politics and is party to sweeping decisions under a carpet as they may make uncomfortable reading, then its most definitely a waste of money.

He was head of Childrens services. Worth reading the report.

Shaun Wright was Head of Childrens and Young Persons Services during the time that the enquiry covers. He will not stand down though, too greasy for that. Stone should have stayed and been made to deal with it and then sacked instead of taking cowards way out and quitting

If that's the case then I cannot see how he can be allowed to continue in his post. If he doesn't do the honourable thing and resign, maybe the electorate should petition for his sacking or for him to go.