2014 Tour de France will start in Yorkshire and come to Sheffield

Brilliant news

---------- Post added 14-12-2012 at 10:46 ----------

And it looks like it's coming to Sheffield

I doubt it will happen but would love to see them tackle winnats!

Hope this proves to be another great inspiration and helps get the roads in tip top condition.

Fantastic news, the worlds biggest annual sporting event will see millions of £'s coming into the Yorkshire economy with the region been seen by millions of TV viewers worldwide.

Just hope ASO are allowed to just get on with it and no local leaders start sticking their noses in.

Stage 1 Leeds, most likely a prologue TT around the city.

Stage 2 Will be 200kms around South and East Yorkshire.

The Worlds biggest annual sporting event The Tour De France is coming to Yorkshire in 2014 and the stage will start in guess where LEEDS.

Now this is brilliant news for Yorkshire but let us hope that Sheffield council now press for a bit of the action in our area as we have the hills around here that would make it interesting to say the least.

So come on Sheffield jump in there and insist we are included.

Edited by Obelix
No longer on topic due to thread change

Did anyone really expect it to start anywhere but Leeds? It'll start from the largest city in the region, that surely is a given. It's going to finish in Sheffield on one stage from what I've heard. It's also going over most of the county, including the Dales, Moors and out as far as Scarborough so most people will be able to see it.

Well that is news to me as according to look Leeds this lunchtime the actual route has not been decided on as yet.

Still I hope that you are right and that Sheffield will not be ignored as usual.