The Arctic Monkeys megathread

ARCTIC MONKEYS....your opinion on the music  

278 members have voted

1. 1. ARCTIC MONKEYS....your opinion on the music

• New and original Band who will be THE sound of 2006
    • Disposable Oasis rip-off crap with no talent whatsoever
    • Pretentious non-original superhyped rubbish that will last less than 1 year
    • The Greatest band to come out of Sheffield....EVER
    • Other Sheffield bands, past and present have much more talent
    • Never heard of the Arctic Monkeys

It was definitely a legendary gig.. the best Arctic Monkeys gig I've seen.. and I've been to a few now. The venue was ace, the band was awesome as usual, the atmosphere was brilliant and the crowd was the loudest, most appreciative crowd I've seen ever :D

I was about 1/4 of the way back for alot of the gig with a really good view then fought my way to the barrier for the encore, got completely soaked (just sweat this time!) and squashed but got an amazing view of the band :D

Absolutely loved it! Up there in my top 5 gigs ever for sure. :banana:

:( Makes me wish I'd have gone, esp after last week was so disappointing...

Any body know tour dates for 2008?

or when they playing in Sheffield again?

Tar

This may have already been mentioned, but I haven't got time to trawl through all 60 pages of this megathread. What about a Sheff Fest some time in 2008. Ideally this would be headlined by the Arctic Monkeys, supported by the likes of Richard Hawley, Reverand and the Makers, LMT, Milburn, the list could be endless. Don Valley (Stadium or Bowl) could be the venue.

Selling of tickets would never be a problem. Just needs somebody to get their head round the massive potential of this and get the ball rolling.

Oh Yes and then we could lock them all in and set a bomb off!!!:gag:

What an opportunity to get rid of 4 or 5 crap, shoe gazing, overrated, dull, self important bands in one go!!! I'm all for that!!!:D:D:D

Ok then, add Taras Secret to the list.

Happy now

This may have already been mentioned, but I haven't got time to trawl through all 60 pages of this megathread. What about a Sheff Fest some time in 2008. Ideally this would be headlined by the Arctic Monkeys, supported by the likes of Richard Hawley, Reverand and the Makers, LMT, Milburn, the list could be endless. Don Valley (Stadium or Bowl) could be the venue.

Selling of tickets would never be a problem. Just needs somebody to get their head round the massive potential of this and get the ball rolling.

you should have gone to This Ability at the Boardwalk a couple of years ago, a lot of those bands were playing. Think you can still get the DVD somewhere too.

as for a big Sheff Fest, there is already something being planned ;)

As good as This Abilty was, there were only Little Man Tate who went on to some degree of success and are mentioned above. The Monkeys were in the audience but did not play.

Tell me more about plans for a 'Sheff Fest'

Ok then, add Taras Secret to the list.

Happy now

I wouldnt want to blow them off the stage or scare any of the young folk!!! Leave the Rock to grown ups...:D

how is this thread still running? threads should be closed after 500 replies like other forums i am on.

sorry it gets a bit boring otherwise

the monkeys have a megathred WHY??????? they are the worst band ever they rip off old brit pop songs and then on there second album they riped off there own songs!!!!!

plus Alex is a **** was always a **** b4 band and will always be a arrogant little s**t