Childcare costs

My daughter who is 10 nearly 11 (year 6) goes to after school club which is held at school in a class room. It started at £5 from 3:30 to 5 (I pick up at 4:30.) This then changed to £6 then £6.50 and now £7 flat rate. In the last couple of years. For an hour and 10 minutes that she is there she just sits in the library playing on the computers. There are toys out for the kids to play with but she’s to old to be playing dressing up and it’s usually manic with the younger ones running round. I think the £7 is a bit on the expensive side for what she gets and wondered what others pay for a service like this.? Or what going rates are for childminders?

Our after school club started at £6.50 and then went up gradually over time to around £9. We haven't used it ourselves but its from 3pm-ish to 6pm so still quite reasonable for the hours of care.

They send an email out with the week's theme, they generally have a bit of a structure each day, something crafty, in nicer weather they play outdoors too. They get a light tea as well, probably something on toast or cheese and crackers etc.

What you describe is a little like the breakfast club in our junior school where they play on the computers and then get some breakfast. This is free but they ask that you send them with some money for breakfast. My son gets toast and chocolate milk for £1 and is there for about 45 minutes.

---------- Post added 22-10-2017 at 13:47 ----------

Childminders are looking at around £4 per hour but I suspect that after school places will be filled quite quickly.