Appealing against a decision with SCC

Can anyone please tell me how to go about appealing a decision made them jobsworths at Sheffield city council.

You may have seen on Look North and in the Star the couple who are being made to dig up the flowers and plants on their verges at loxley.

This couple have got a lot of support so how do we appeal

You probably can't appeal on their behalf, but you could write to your local councillor and MP if you want to have a moan.

Not that SCC give two sh*ts about what anyone else thinks though.

To be fair they should just make the short road a one way street, that would get rid of all the problems of cars needing to pass each other on a single-track road.

Edited by geared

Looks like there is no path, I guess that is why the council want it gone.

I disagree. The council have conceded that the homeowners planted the flowers to dissuade cars driving on the grass verge.

That implies that it's nothing to do with a path and potentially pedestrians.

I think the council should have to demonstrate how the flowers in that situation could be a danger to motorists.

Looks like there is no path, I guess that is why the council want it gone.

The councils quote mentions cars being unable to drive on the grass verge:

"We have sympathy with the nearby homeowner who has attempted to stop cars driving over the highway verge on what is a very narrow, single-track lane."

The councils quote mentions cars being unable to drive on the grass verge:

"We have sympathy with the nearby homeowner who has attempted to stop cars driving over the highway verge on what is a very narrow, single-track lane."

It's a narrow single track road, the cars are not over-taking each other, its probably large delivery or removal vehicles.

The flowers are growing right up to the white line at the side of the road, and further.

One of the arguments against removal is that the stones have been there for over 2 decades but this Google Street View, dated 2012, shows that they are freshly laid.

Hollin House Lane.

One of the arguments against removal is that the stones have been there for over 2 decades but this Google Street View, dated 2012, shows that they are freshly laid.

Hollin House Lane.

I'm not sure how that shows they've been freshly laid.

The soil is looking a little bare, but the photo capture was from May, so they may not have done much planting after Winter.

Or are you talking about the bit right by their house and not across the road where the grass verge becomes a flower bed for a short stretch?

Edited by alchresearch

The soil is looking a little bare, but the photo capture was from May, so they may not have done much planting after Winter.

Look at the stones rather than the soil.

The council don't do anything to protect road users and pedestrians on our 30/40mph stretch of road, where people regularly drive at 60mph plus.

These old folks are easier targets for the jobsworth nobodies at the council.

Or are you talking about the bit right by their house and not across the road where the grass verge becomes a flower bed for a short stretch?

You do get people putting stones on a grass verge to stop people parking, which would be beyond the curb. Single and narrow roads often have low curbs to allow a vehicle to drive over them, so these stones may hinder vehicles. Not being local, I don't know the width of the road and if a large removals vehicle could get passed.