Ethernet card/graphics card

hello

I am on virgin media and suppose to get 200 mbps,they told me i wont get 200mbps because my computer which is old and says 10/100,i dont need 200 but they said there is no lower speed from them,so if they say i cannot reduce to lower speed is it possible to have a faster ethernet card fitted and get what i pay for without buying a new computer,the card fitted as ethernet connection and hdmi also,so is it a graphics and ethernet.

It will work no matter what, just not to 200mb.

hello what will work but not to 200

the computer or ethernet

Edited by speleo1

Don't worry about it, we drive cars that can go over 100mph, but we don't stress about it if we don't use it.

Anyhow, sounds like your machine would struggle to compute to 200mbs even if you did manage to upgrade the network card.

Better still, go to Vodafone fibre, you will get your moneys worth and still fast.

punkin

thanks for that just wonderd if it would work

Couldn't you put a gigabit ethernet card in your PC? Although your PC's limitations may not run this as fast as the card is able to go..

I think if your computer is old enough to have a 10/100 card then internet speed is the last of your worries.

I'd imagine it'd have a tough enough time browsing most modern websites.

Geared,no does not have any problems with any modern browsers, web pages or even films,

Its a Nvidia card thats fitted with hdmi to tv,

Geared,no does not have any problems with any modern browsers, web pages or even films,

Its a Nvidia card thats fitted with hdmi to tv,

That's your graphics card.

Although your network card is only 10/100 it will cope with web pages and most video streams. High bit rate 1080p and 4k would probably cause issues. As geared was pointing out, if the motherboard has 10/100, chances are that it's an older one, running older tech. This can cause bottlenecks. If you post your system specs, people will be able to help you more on potential problems.

It won't cause issues on your broadband other that you will get roughly half the speed of what the ISP says it can give.

Virgin are lying though, 200Mb is not the lowest broadband package as you can see on their website.

Virgin are lying though, 200Mb is not the lowest broadband package as you can see on their website.

Agreed.

They have 4 packages.

Vivid 50

Vivid 100

Vivid 200

Vivid 350

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/broadband-only.html

You should get rid on the basis of that. The sales person committed an act of fraud.

Thanks for all replys,it seem that my ethernet module is solderd to the motherboard .