Bakery found NOT to have discriminated against a gay couple

An Irish bakery has been found NOT to have discriminated against a gay couple by refusing to make a cake with a same sex slogan on it .

For me common sense has prevailed ,as any business should be able to refuse to accept an order it dosnt want to take.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-45789759

Well, I'm glad.

I support everyones freedom, to live their lives as they wish, so long as they don't bring harm to anyone else.

Had they refused to serve the guy in question, as a regular purchasing customer, because of his sexual orientation, I would be fully behind him suing them. But I don't think you can force someone to do something, in this case a sloganned cake. If the gay guy owned a shop, he should also be allowed to refuse to print a 'no same sex marriage' sloganned item too.

Happy for the cake shop owners. What happened to them was a disgrace. Hopefully the cake shop owners will still have enough money left after their ordeal to live a good life.

Happy for the cake shop owners. What happened to them was a disgrace. Hopefully the cake shop owners will still have enough money left after their ordeal to live a good life.

Well the legal bill for each side is running at around £200k. That's alot of cake.

I wonder if the gay couple got permission to use that seaseme street image?

Well the legal bill for each side is running at around £200k. That's alot of cake.

Not idea about seaseme street, but I do know, if a shop didn't want my business for whatever reasons, I would choose another shop to spend my money and wouldn't cause a fuss.

You need to read the full story. The cake shop owners are pre-gay weddings, they just really, really hate Sesame Street.

Not idea about seaseme street, but I do know, if a shop didn't want my business for whatever reasons, I would choose another shop to spend my money and wouldn't cause a fuss.

Exactly right. The fact this stupidity ever went to court in the first place beggars belief.

Exactly right. The fact this stupidity ever went to court in the first place beggars belief.

At least the lawyers will have benefited from the nonsense.

At least the lawyers will have benefited from the nonsense.

Very true ............

You need to read the full story. The cake shop owners are pre-gay weddings, they just really, really hate Sesame Street.

How could anyone hate Sesame Street?

How could anyone hate Sesame Street?

I suspect some on here would view it as liberal propaganda.

I suspect some on here would view it as liberal propaganda.

You're probably right.