Your windows license will expire soon..

Thought you wouldn't, choogling.:)

derfblade has been the victim of a scam.

the op has made no comments since posting, strange. if the op has been scammed how would you set up a such a scam?

Edited by choogling

Only thing I could think of would be a volume license expiring. I think SCC used to have a 3 year thing at one point. Can't say I've ever seen the result when they are up...just a guess.

10 pro on ebay for £2.90. No problems on the last few but caught out once so ebay/paypal stepped in and sorted the refund.

i once had a number that didn't work but the seller sent another that worked ok.

Move to Linux Mint Mate

Liberate yourself from Microsoft tyranny ..

Move to Linux Mint Mate

Liberate yourself from Microsoft tyranny ..

i love windows 10 best yet, not all drivers are available for Linux

i love windows 10 best yet, not all drivers are available for Linux
Thanks for your replies guys. I am not computer literate so here is what i know. I bought the computer 1 year ago and have had no probs. Over the last 2/3 weeks a blue rectange keeps popping up with the words , "Windows license will expire soon" and underneath it says "Go to settings or close"

When i go on settings and "Activate" a blue box comes up asking me to enter a long key number.

Also a faint command has appeared in the bottom right of my screen saying "Activate windows"

Does anyone know what i should do next or know where it's best to get this key number . Thanks.

---------- Post added 01-10-2018 at 20:06 ----------

Forgot to mention it's Windows 10 enterprise.

Sent you a PM derf ..
Give this a try pal. thank you.

A Windows license does not 'expire'

This is true of OEM and retail keys, many other types of key do expire (Dreamspark or Volume Licensing, to use two examples).

The OP says he bought a used computer from an IT guy.

In post #18 then poster mentions it has Windows 10 Enterprise.

Enterprise software is supplied to corporate organisations and M$ partners, these companies pay an hefty fee to M$ for the use their 'Enterprise' products,

the upshot of which is Enterprise products are not available to the general public.

It has neen a long time since I messed around with M$ Enterprise systems but I suspect the computer is looking for the 'Key Management Service'

(KMS) to verify activation, and since it cannot find it prompting the user for an activation key.

I'm suprised the computer is still running, many corporate organisations have a Remote-Off-Switch for machines 'missing from the inventory/audit list'.