Repair for mobility scooter

Suzi00. A daft thought that doubtless you’ve already checked. Is your scooter in freewheel?

---------- Post added 24-09-2018 at 19:59 ----------

Can anyone help please? I don’t even live in the UK let alone Sheffield! I live in Paris I have MS and a terrific but aging Pride Mobility Celebrity XL8. There are no PRIDE mobility dealers or workshops that I can find in France and the sad truth is that 99% of the local population wouldn’t know how to change a light bulb cook yes but repair is not something Parisians do.

My Pride Celebrity XL8 has been trouble free for many years but yesterday the tiller tilt lock cable broke - my guess is that it’s at the bottom end. I would be so very grateful for a Pride Mobility contact that I can speak to to get advice on how to tackle this myself. MS dictates that I know what I’m letting myself in for - is it a reasonably simple job entailing removing the tiller panels and the cable, or am I in for a nasty surprise? As I can’t stand for more than a few moments, can I tackle this while sitting on a chair?

All thoughts would be most gratefully received. I’ve made contact through this forum as my scooter came from near Sheffield and I know that the Pride Celebrity XL8 was a big success in your part of the world! It’s a great scooter really it is.

For mobility scooter repairs check this company out www.sheffieldmobilitysolutions.co.uk 0114 2315131 we recently used them. A lad called Jamie owns the company he was very helpful and very clued up, much better priced than everyone else that we have used too (he only charged me £30 and was here for around an hour :-0!) I think he also repairs stair lifts.