Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Repairs to mobility scooters

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield Interest Groups > Disability & Carers Group

Reply To Topic

14-04-2013, 16:54   #21
Rural Lass

Total Posts: 18
I can highly recommend CLark & Partners as my nan has used them for years their number is 0114 229 3377 and their prices are very reasonable
14-04-2013, 19:24   #22
thai

Total Posts: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural Lass View Post
I can highly recommend CLark & Partners as my nan has used them for years their number is 0114 229 3377 and their prices are very reasonable
Thankyou very much for that .
14-04-2013, 22:00   #23
Scoob57

Total Posts: 2
Hi, I don't know whether these repair at your home, but after being ripped off for 45 for someone to come to my home and assess the problem, then being quoted at least 80 for a new throttle pot, I found at advert for "Clowne Mobility". I took my scooter to their shop (which is actually an old church hall) as I don't live too far away. He looked at my scooter and diagnosed a faulty throttle pot. He had several old scooters that were beyond repair and was using them for spares. I left my scooter with him and he rang me the following day to say that he'd replaced my faulty throttle pot with one from one of the old scooters. He charged me 50 all in. It would be worth giving them a ring and asking if they do house calls. I can definitely recommend them. Their shop number is 01246 575716, Tony's mobile is 07855810511 and Ian's mobile is 077729884496 (I believe it's just a small business partnership). Their address is

Old Church Hall,
Rectory Road,
Clowne
Chesterfield
S43 4BH

Good luck!
15-04-2013, 09:10   #24
thai

Total Posts: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob57 View Post
Hi, I don't know whether these repair at your home, but after being ripped off for 45 for someone to come to my home and assess the problem, then being quoted at least 80 for a new throttle pot, I found at advert for "Clowne Mobility". I took my scooter to their shop (which is actually an old church hall) as I don't live too far away. He looked at my scooter and diagnosed a faulty throttle pot. He had several old scooters that were beyond repair and was using them for spares. I left my scooter with him and he rang me the following day to say that he'd replaced my faulty throttle pot with one from one of the old scooters. He charged me 50 all in. It would be worth giving them a ring and asking if they do house calls. I can definitely recommend them. Their shop number is 01246 575716, Tony's mobile is 07855810511 and Ian's mobile is 077729884496 (I believe it's just a small business partnership). Their address is

Old Church Hall,
Rectory Road,
Clowne
Chesterfield
S43 4BH

Good luck!
thanks for this
23-06-2014, 12:43   #25
sherakapod

Total Posts: 536
Send a message via Yahoo to sherakapod
Hi can I have the chaps contact number too please? Peter Davidson number.
24-06-2014, 13:55   #26
Asaw

Total Posts: 1,238
Send a message via MSN to Asaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin999 View Post
A new company Parkgate mobility opened at Handsworth in Sheffield they are very good and a good price as well you can find details on parkgatemobility.co.ukThey sell all sorts of scooters and mobility products and they do hearing aids as well.
Had a queery with them over the ignition problem is fawlty sometmes takes a couple of turns on and off to go. They quoted 200 after it had been serviced just a few weeks before. The engineer said that the battery terminals were not fastened down in the service .
14-07-2014, 14:43   #27
alternageek
LI Moderator

Total Posts: 7,802
Can someone recommend someone local to repair my MILs scooter? She lives off city road.

I dont know whats wrong with it (shes just shot me a quick text) - so apologies for not being able to give a description of what needs to be done, but she needs her scooter to be repaired so she can get out and about.

Thanks in advance.
30-07-2014, 15:40   #28
AMBNLC

Total Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by thai View Post
Thankyou very much for that .
Did you end up using this company and did they do a good job? I need to find someone to repair my Dads. Any help appreciated.
19-05-2015, 11:30   #29
MrSmith13

Hi,

I'm looking for a reliable mobility scooter engineer who is based in sheffield rather than one of the big shops. Does anyone have any contacts at all?

Many thanks
19-05-2015, 11:50   #30
Clarkshop

Total Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmith13 View Post
Hi,

I'm looking for a reliable mobility scooter engineer who is based in sheffield rather than one of the big shops. Does anyone have any contacts at all?

Many thanks
Hello

Clark & Partners is based in Sheffield. You can call the Service team on 0114 229 3377 who deal with any servicing or repairs for products such as scooters.

Hope this helps!
15-06-2015, 21:32   #31
stesuecaryro

Total Posts: 411
anyone know anyone local to barnsley what can fix scooters at all can you ask them to pm me pleaase i really need help with my calypso deluxe scooter thanks to anyone who can offer help or know people who can offer me help and advice as i do not know anything about them apart from when they need charging,,,

thanks very much

steven and susan smith
17-06-2015, 09:13   #32
Clarkshop

Total Posts: 16
Our engineers are mobile and are regularly in Barnsley (they are there today in fact!). Just give our service team a quick call and they'd be happy to talk through any problems your having with your scooter. Call: 0114 229 3377
18-05-2017, 13:47   #33
Itrytoplease

Total Posts: 1,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckweed View Post
Peter David, Lives locally but found him through Ebay. He bought some batteries off me and I bought a second scooter off him. He buys up old scooters and uses them for parts or else repairs and sells them on. He saved me a lot of money replacing the motor on my big scooter. I can give you his phone number if you want.
Does anyone have this man's number please, I think the brushes/bushes have gone in my scooter, either way it will not move though the lights horn etc work.
Thanks

---------- Post added 30-05-2017 at 16:45 ----------

Up date - I asked "Parkgate" to call round, fixed the problem in less than an hour and never charged me a thing, Just the call out charge of 35.00
I can't fault them.
_______
Never put off till Tomorrow what you can do today, Cause if you do it TODAY and you LIKE it, you can do it again tomorrow.
04-12-2017, 08:23   #34
suzi00

Total Posts: 53
Hi Duckweed I would like peter david's phone no. please my mobility scooter won't move and it is showing fully charged.PM'd you
24-09-2018, 18:37   #35
Paris7

Suzi00. A daft thought that doubtless you’ve already checked. Is your scooter in freewheel?

---------- Post added 24-09-2018 at 19:59 ----------

Can anyone help please? I don’t even live in the UK let alone Sheffield! I live in Paris I have MS and a terrific but aging Pride Mobility Celebrity XL8. There are no PRIDE mobility dealers or workshops that I can find in France and the sad truth is that 99% of the local population wouldn’t know how to change a light bulb �� cook yes but repair is not something Parisians do.

My Pride Celebrity XL8 has been trouble free for many years but yesterday the tiller tilt lock cable broke - my guess is that it’s at the bottom end. I would be so very grateful for a Pride Mobility contact that I can speak to to get advice on how to tackle this myself. MS dictates that I know what I’m letting myself in for - is it a reasonably simple job entailing removing the tiller panels and the cable, or am I in for a nasty surprise? As I can’t stand for more than a few moments, can I tackle this while sitting on a chair?

All thoughts would be most gratefully received. I’ve made contact through this forum as my scooter came from near Sheffield and I know that the Pride Celebrity XL8 was a big success in your part of the world! It’s a great scooter really it is.
Reply To Topic