One night in Sheffield

I'm a thrusting young man who will be in shefflied on the 18 March for one night only. What are the top 5 things I should do with my time on my first visit to the Steel Town.

Originally posted by "cammyg1"

I'm a thrusting young man who will be in shefflied on the 18 March for one night only. What are the top 5 things I should do with my time on my first visit to the Steel Town.

Where are you coming from?

"Im a thrusting young man"

Not sure we want your types visiting Sheffield. LOL

Depends what you want!!!

Culture

Life

Music

Sport

or just sex!!

Give us a clue and we can help

Sex is a nice idea but I'm not sure my wife woudl approve. I lied I'm not really that young and probably not that thrusting either. What I'm looking for is best cheap restaurant/cafe serving ggod food, best pub to go for a quick pint and get a flavour Sheffield (I'm not into real ale by the way); nicest part of the city to visit ie architecture, townscape, parks etc. Or just the single best thing to do/see in Sheffield if you dont manage to do anything else.

Tuesday night is gonna be pretty quite.

Music

Tue 18/03 Liberty X Sheffield City Hall £16.50

Tue 18/03 After The Silence / Caleb Storkey /Seed / Eto Boardwalk

Tue 18/03 GBH + Bickles Cab + the Strap Ons Casbah

If its theatre than we have some great shows at the Sheffield Theatre complex (Crucible and Lyceum) quoted as being the best shows outside of the West End.

If you want somewhere cheap to eat try Allyway on London Rd they have an all you can eat buffet for £5.95 its kind off Mediteranean food.

If its pubs you want then just find the City hall and you will have good trendy bars all round you, and you will see some fine architecture around this area.

Shopping Meadowhall open till 10pm

If you get here in the day go to the Magna Centre or Kelham Island both Industrial Museums.

Run out of ideas and tired of typing, have a good night!!!

I'm a thrusting young man who will be in shefflied on the 18 March for one night only. What are the top 5 things I should do with my time on my first visit to the Steel Town.[/quote

I hope you enjoy gods land. Come and see how the good looking men live. :lol::lol:

I reckon you should have a couple of hours on the ski slope for a lovely view (almost) of the city, then you could head into Broomhill and go to Record collector, the best CD shop ever. This could be followed by a visit to the millenium galleries and Winter garden, more for the building in the later case than the contents. If it's tea time yet then go to the noodle bar on London raod, huge plates of amazing food and you can take some wine which should warm you up nicely for bars and clubs in town. Thats a bit of everything for you. You realy need to come for more than a day.Go forth and thrust then young man, how come the wifes missing out anyway??

Thanks for your suggestions, unfortunately they came after I'd left for Sheff. I liked Sheffield - i like the way its set on rolling hills, throws up some great views. I also like the confused street pattern - good for exploring and getting lost. On the Tues night my intro to Sheff was watching someone being arrested. I went to piza express for my tea ad watched the BMXers pull some big air. I then headed for the Washinton pub, Pulp owner, but it was shut so I went to bed. In the morn I managed to squeeze in the Cathedral, the winter gardens and the Market Square. Pretty minging but authentic Sheffield. Reminded me of the Savoy centre in Glasgow. All in all a thumbs up for SHeffield in a briefest of visits.

Until the next time.

That sounds a pretty fair summary of Sheff. Did you get to Bed the club or bed as in sleeping? Don't be put off coming here again, you should go to the skate bowl on devonshire green for a bit more BMX stuff. A free spectator sport!