A Fixed Monthly Meet

Would you be interested in a fixed monthly meet?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a fixed monthly meet?

• Yes
    • No

Would you be interested in a fixed monthly meet?

We could change venues to begin with - until we find a suitable place to meet regularly.

I think monthly is too committive (spelling). I think every other month or once a quarter would be ample.

How about alternating ...

One month have a pub based meet (like before) ...

Then the next month have a fun / activity based meet (i.e. meal, bonfire, bowling, comedy night).

Keep alternating ...

My concern about regular meets is that people like myself can't always attend them and will be missing out - this is reflected in the follow up posts after a meet.

The other concern is will cliques start to form with the people who reguarly meet and those who don't?

I don't see it being a problem having a regular meet. Ok, yes maybe there will be cliques forming but that only means they are becoming friends which isn't a bad thing is it? And judging by those who attended this meet who had also attended the first one, they said hello to those who they knew from before but also made an equal effort to speak to the new attendies.

At the end of the day, the people who hit it off could arrange nights out together and not include new people by not advertising it as a meet, therefore it must be better to carry on advertising it so people have the choice to come along when they want/can. :D

The more frequent the more likely people will eventually pop along maybe.

Originally posted by DaBouncer

I think monthly is too committive (spelling). I think every other month or once a quarter would be ample.

Surely, being as at the last Meet people left early, came later, etc. then once a month is not that much of a commitment for many.

It is, after all, voluntary to attend - and it gives a 'regular' feel to it.

a monthly one would be better for me as at the moment i aint been able to come but a montly one would be easier as its more regular and not such a one off!

A regular monthly meet sounds like a great idea. The big problem is agreeing a regular night when this would happen - those who can't make the "chosen" night because of work or family commitments will feel left out!!

Originally posted by MrHelicopter

A regular monthly meet sounds like a great idea. The big problem is agreeing a regular night when this would happen - those who can't make the "chosen" night because of work or family commitments will feel left out!!

How about a Thursday - like last time. It doesn't cut into peoples weekend, and it tends to be less rowdy than a Friday or Saturday. As I mentioned earlier, those who have to go home afterwards, for family or next-day work reasons, can do so and still meet-up with Forum members.

Guess, with being retired and single, I'm fortunate in that respect - though any day is OK with me.

Just a suggestion.:lol:

Originally posted by Carlwarker

How about a Thursday - like last time. It doesn't cut into peoples weekend, and it tends to be less rowdy than a Friday or Saturday. As I mentioned earlier, those who have to go home afterwards, for family or next-day work reasons, can do so and still meet-up with Forum members.

Guess, with being retired and single, I'm fortunate in that respect - though any day is OK with me.

Just a suggestion.:lol:

But Thursday isn't good for me because I am in Manchester.

Originally posted by alchresearch

But Thursday isn't good for me because I am in Manchester.

As I said A, any day is OK with me - it was just a suggestion to get the ball rolling.

And before they knew what was happening.. an empire had been born.. and everywhere there appeared SF citizens huddled in corners of every bar in Sheffield, every night of the week.

Come on chaps, you could probably have a 'Forum' meet by starting a 'It's lunchtime now... erm. I think I fancy a pint after work, anyone who wants to join me, I shall be in CRB at 6pm'.

There's enough of you out there (me too!) for people to be meeting left right and centre, and maybe in the middle too. As an open forum, we can use this wonderful communication tool to do whatever we want (within the 'rules'). Why, I even saw DaBouncer at the Tram stop in town today, from the heights of my double decker. I wouldn't have known him from Adam (Adam, who's Adam?) had I not been to the meets. I just look at it as making your world a little bit bigger than it would be.

(Or maybe you all just think 'Oh 'ark at 'er, been on the Vodka n RedBull again!', well not tonight (yet) my friends.... but maybe in a minute or two.

See some of you soon.

Just remember you can't please all of the people all of the time, and if we're not careful it'll all be getting just a little too formal, and we'll be having to get insurance and have a secretary and an Agenda so come on chaps - just chill out and do whatever.

Maybe there should be TWo a month on different nights and then everyone can get some time. However - it's basically down to whoever decides to start a thread and arrange something.

I don't know... what you asking me for? I haven't got all the answers!!!