Forum meet - Thur 2nd October

Pick a date for the next meet  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a date for the next meet

• Wed 1st October
    • Thur 2nd October
    • Fri 3rd October

Thats why its gonna be on Thursday :P

Anychance of Karaoke for Cosywolf... I know she loves it!

Never said owt about Rock Karaoke did I? Could have some o' that! In fact I think Rock Karaoke is Cosy's favourite!

We'll stick with Thursday. There seemed to be more interest on the previous post, and not everyone replied to this.....so Thurs 2nd October it is!!!!!

Having just moved here last month it's really heartening to read so much (mostly!) intelligent discussion. I haven't been able to meet many people yet (busy putting up shelves, looking after the nipper etc) but coming from the south the friendliness of people on the street and in shops etc. makes me hopeful for my social future here.

In fact - I've probably had more quality interaction (well - listening in 'til now) with people here than anywhere else in Sheffield. So much so that I'd like to come along to the next meeting in October but I'm feeling a bit shy and wonder if anyone would want to talk with me given that you've all exchanged gazillions of posts with each other and I'm just a little new person. Obviously, I am just as full of intelligent, sensitive, witty and interesting things to say as many of you (not to mention modest :lol: )

If any big boys or girls would care to post back proffering reassurance then I would feel much better about walking into a new pub full of people that I don't know yet but know that I like what they say and want them to like me but don't want to be a transparent bag of nerves because when that happens I can tend to start talking too much and too fast and being nervous which makes other people feel nervous and soon they start twitching and saying things like 'I must just go and check the contents of my freezer' or 'please stop talking to me' wahhh!!!

OR if in reality it would be better to spend some more time getting to know people here before moving on to the real world then it would be better to know that in advance (I can take it) than turn up and feel awkward and make other people feel awkward and then leave and take my awkwardness away.

Lots of love

Originally posted by Dadda

In fact - I've probably had more quality interaction (well - listening in 'til now) with people here than anywhere else in Sheffield. So much so that I'd like to come along to the next meeting in October but I'm feeling a bit shy and wonder if anyone would want to talk with me given that you've all exchanged gazillions of posts with each other and I'm just a little new person. Obviously, I am just as full of intelligent, sensitive, witty and interesting things to say as many of you (not to mention modest :lol: )

If any big boys or girls would care to post back proffering reassurance

You have nothing to worry about IMO. Although I've been posting on here a little while, I've not been to a meet yet (only 1 so far) and in spite of Verbal Wrangling with other denizens, I wouldn't hesitate to buy any of them a drink. Including you, so come along, besides, safety in numbers!

I for one am really looking forward to matching people to their online personas, and I anticipate some surprises I am sure.

"Whaaat, you're a MAN!?"

and

"I'm sorry but I had no idea you were my boss when I wrote that"

should be entertaining!

Originally posted by Dadda

If any big boys or girls would care to post back proffering reassurance then I would feel much better about walking into a new pub full of people that I don't know

If it helps - I've been waffling on this board for months and I havent met anyone at all yet, so I'll hold ya hand :)

thanks peeps - that's good to hear.

btw what time will people get to classic rock?

love ya

Start arriving from 6pm, then it trundles on through the evening. Message from Sass, he says the buffet will be better than last time as he wasn't sure what you all liked, now he knows and will cater accordingly. Good eh?

Couldn't get there last time, hopefully get there this time. Will anyone be meeting up beforehand to avoid going in alone??

Chloé

well one of my hands is being held by Lindseyw but you're welcome to hold the other one!

As for meeting up beforehand - I feel a bit nervous about going into a pre-meeting meeting alone so would anyone like to meet-up beforehand? :lol:

{Beeb - Logical error - infinite regress - ahhh! my circuits are melting ...... }

seriously - having read some of your posts Chloe I am looking forward to meeting you and having an old fashioned chat.

BTW I've just ordered three of these great little things called voice pads (http://www.voicepad.co.uk) and I'm planning to record the nipper saying 'Dadda' and wear one as a sort of name badge. So you'll all be able to spot me out at least.

Anyone else planning to wear a pink carnation or similar identifying marks?

love

At 6pm the pub is usually fairly quiet, you can more or less guarantee that the other people in the place will be from the Forum. If in doubt come to the bar and I'll look after you.