New Gay Club To Open In Sheffield!

Hi we have been watching the thread regarding the gay scence in sheffield, or the lack of it,

We are a company who manage a few publice houses and clubs in the midlands, we are now posting this to take your comments and suggestions of just what you want obviosly we provide the manpower and money you the customer provide the ideas not just another gay venue that opens its doors and hopes for the best !!

PUSSYCATS - is the venue name we have looked at many venues in sheffield one being the ex Fuel Club on eyre st, information was provided as to the plans for this site, and is being redeveloped to fit into the moor

We are looking at taking over what was Censord Rock, surrey st nr to the train station and bus routes, however if any body knows of any venues that have become vacant and would be a suitable venue then please get in touch.

we belive there are a few places that are gay venues,, F.A.B ,, Xes,, Dempseys.. do they offer what you want? do you feel safe?? and how easy is transport these key things help a club help its clients

once the right venue has been found the initial process will be to ask your veiws on what you the gay community want and to be able to achive this we will ask people with ideas to join us in the development of the venue and share there thoughts and interests.

We look forward to Bringing PussyCats Club to sheffield and hope the sheffield community welcome a club with a difference

I'd like (for a pub) :

1. No mirror balls, pink neon or pictures of Bette Davis

2. No drag "acts"/strippers

3. A pool table

4. Decent beer

I realise I'm in a minority on at least 3 of these points.

I want somewhere that is friendly, accessible and comfortable for all the LBG community of Sheffield. Somewhere that is proud to be called a gay venue, welcomes our non gay friends but won't tolerate any inappropriate behaviour.

Somewhere that has a modern, contemporary feel with comfortable sofas and a decent area to eat food. A venue that has a pool table (even in the nightclub), a good selection of drinks, but not at prices that rip you off. Different DJ's playing a broad spectrum of music, a venue that wants to hold fundraisers for the many good charitys in Sheffield that support LGB people.

I don't want a venue full of 18-24 year olds acting as the latest diva on the block and bitching all over the place. :roll:

/\ What he said /\

No mirror ball?

I can see this is going to turn into another bitch fight.

No mirror ball?

I can see this is going to turn into another bitch fight.

Please, no bitching.

There is the old Niche club which has been up for sale for a while. For any club I think it's important to both provide a good dance area and a chill out area. People like to have an area to relax in (and get to know there new friend :hihi:) between dances.

A club has to be easy to get to from the other bars in the city as such as long as it is on Taxi route that is great.

Good luck..

Steve

I think the main things we could do with are a smallish, trendy and modern style bar, which opens late and which has dancing, but which is predominantly bar and food orientated. The lions lair is a good example only no dancing there. For non gay places, runaway girl is open pub hours, does food, is modern, and has dancing in the night time- something like that would be good.

I'd also recommend any new company trying to open a dialogue with the local council to see which areas are earmarked for demolition, where might bne 'up and coming' places.

The other thing i'd normally say is to be closish to other gay venues. Except that in the next few years, the fuel, dempseys and lions lair buildings are all likely to go as part of Moor Sheffield and New Retail Quarter major developments. And i think atterclifee is OK as a 'detination' club location but is not convivial to an average night out, where you migth want to meet your mixed friends in a non-gay bar, pop into a gay bar later for a drink and a dance, then go somewhere else.

The old niche might be OK. It's a shame we cant re-claim the wicker, or the victoria quays, or the riverside- areas that are grotty now but ripe for quite rapid turnaround.

many people have come with sum really positive ideas keep them comming where here for you!

Unlike many who want to make a quick buck were not here for that we use the scene too,

with regards to premises we take on board the need for sumthing in the city center or v nearby,

if any one knows of any suitable venues that are to become vacant or are vacant can you please forward the name of the venue plus any contact details for the letting agents

Many Thanks

Pussy Cats Team

I am happy with 'FAB' to be honest:thumbsup:. It's just arrived and fulfills my own 'gay night out in Sheffield' requirements. But I think it's great that you are going to offer a further venue for the gay scene and in the city centre. It will also to keep those 'westies' happy, who think anything outside the City Centre is like going to Carlisle! Two things to watch out for are...

a) that the Sheffield gay 'scene' can support another gay venue (it's a very small scene and always has been in terms of the amount of people that go out here) and...

b) that the Sheffield gay people will SUPPORT your venue beyond the initial opening furor - as they (we?) are notorious for flocking to a place then abandoning it after a matter or months or sometimes weeks, sometimes for good reasons. Although, to be fair, this happens on any scene after opening excitement has died down, and that is any club or bar's challenge.

Commendations for giving this a go and good luck with your project.:thumbsup:

Cheers

DN:cool:

The former 'Crash' club at the bottom of Fitzwilliam street has been empty for ages now.

hi kinky lucy do you know who the letting agents are and is there a to let sign

cheers

Pussy Cats