End of the Lescar as we know it.

I can't believe it.

The brewery which owns The Lescar will be closing it down in a couple of months to 'upgrade' it into some sort of wine bar/eaterie. The staff will have to re-apply for their old jobs

Don't we have enough chuffin' wine bars round here?

What about local pubs for local people? :rant:

We went for the first time to their comedy night a few weeks ago. The place was full of atmosphere. If it aint broke, why fix it? :rolleyes:

Does this mean the end to the comedy nights?

there's a petition to keep duncan in his job i believe

It's a shame. He reckons there's nothing they can do about it and they've got another meeting in a couple of weeks.

There are a couple of groups relating to this on Facebook with 500+ members, with various petitions going round.

I reckon the brewery think it's a profitable area full stop. Looks like they haven't researched the demographic of the area.

Ooooh - will they will be serving Paninis like they do at the Wagon ( Scandals ) at Chapeltown? - Why they need to sell childrens stickers and collecting books with the beer i'll never know......... :huh:

The Lescar is an amazing pub. I have only recently discovered it and it's going! It has an eclectic mix of clientel and some interesting characters .....

rubbish!!!

i like the lescar, and the comedy nights, and the smelly carpet , and the nicotine stained wallpaper....

sheffield is in dire need of some old style pubs and being the home of several BRILLIANT brewries we should try to keep them

Well, I'd prefer if it stayed the Lescar, why I'd chose to go there instead of Nonnas, but look how busy Nonnas is - unfortunately, the new look "Lescar" will probably do really well ....:confused:

Getting right fed up of these large companies thinking they know what we want

oh my ****ing god.. this day just keeps getting worse